cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Texting addon extra charge / need refund.

susanmyraPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am traveling to the USA for 1 month. 
Have had to add the $10 US texting package to my account. And my husbands. 
We have been charged $34 each time!? 
And the texting is the USA does not work, it has never worked, we have tried it 3 times. 
So ive been over charged and the service does not work. 
I would like a refund to my account for the additional charges and the services that did not work. 

Also my husbands account will need the same. 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@susanmyraPM 

Can you check your available funds and your transaction history? The 10 day US Roaming texting add on is $8+tax. No US Roaming add on is needed to receive SMS texts only to send them. MMS texting requires a US Roaming data add on as does iMessage if you are using an iPhone. If you do not have SMS texts enabled in your settings and/or roaming enabled then you will be unable to send them if you have successfully added the US Roaming texting add on.

Are you on the $25 plan with autopay? Did you recently go thru renewal? Could your payment card charges be $25 - $2 (autopay)=$23+$8(manual top up payment for the US Roaming text add on) =$31+tax ($1.55 to $4.65)? Or $25 - $2=$23 -$1 (loyalty)=$22+$8=$30+tax (13%=$3.90)=$33.90?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Are all both the $30+ amounts still sitting in the Available Funds area of the self serve accounts?

If so, then maybe the 2nd step of buying the addon was never successfully completed, and you never had the Roaming addons all along.

If the funds are in Available Funds, just leave them there to be used for future renewals.

OR, if you are still in the USA, try going back to complete the 2nd step of addons..

Be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

• Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.
  • Restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.
  • Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, and check your APN configuration. If possible, manually search and select T-Mobile's network.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Could you provide an image of your plan details page as well.

Is it possible that your account was in suspension at the time and that now money has gone towards renewing?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@susanmyraPM   Any chance you have loaded fund multiple times?

First , login to My Account and check if Available Fund shows some amount there.  You could have loaded the fund multiple times, but if you did not purchase the add-on multiple times, the unused amount will be sitting as Available Fund there.

Also, check Transaction History (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/), it should shows different lines there.  It should have line(s) about the amount you have loaded and line(s) about the actual purchase of the add-ons   You can post screenshots of the entries and we can assist 

Yes, if you cannot text at all, you can request a reverse of the purchase.  PM support are usually very understanding and will try to help.  You can open a ticket:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

US add-ons will become trickier and trickier as US is getting rid of 3G while PM is offering only 3G add-ons.

You you believe add-on did not work as expected you can ask agent for refund. Each request has to be sen individually (you cannot claim it for your husband and vice versa). It is worth to try...

Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with CSA). Click Chatbot - Ticket and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You would have to reach out to a CS Agent to look into this. You aren't speaking with employees in the community, but customers such as yourself. 34 doesn't sound right, although it is 10 day roaming packages, so if you got it 3 times it would be just under 34 for each of you. However, if it did not work a CS Agent may be able to resolve it for you.

You can either open a ticket or send a private message to CS_Agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.