cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

MZ5
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

hey all, we plan to go to the US for a couple of days. I wonder if this plan is good, or if I have to buy add-ons. Also, does this plan mean that I can call, text, and use the internet when I'm in the US? I have attached an image.

MZ5_0-1722298813331.png

6 REPLIES 6

@fixin1 Good to know - thanks! I'm down often, so I'll try again in the next week or so.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DennyCrane - I have had experience with Verizon working, it is fast (250mbps) and 5G works also. This was also very recent (July 7th) when it worked

Here is Verizon 5G and a Speedtest on it.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 8.59.28 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-07-30 at 8.59.16 AM.png

@computergeek541 Right, I do recall that now that you mention it. Has anyone actually had first hand success though?

@DennyCrane wrote:

@fixin1 AT&T 5G is hit and miss. Sometimes it works for me, other times it doesn't. I still say force your phone to 4G/LTE preferred to avoid issues.

As for Verizon, do you have first hand experience with that one? I've yet to successfully connect to Verizon with my Public Mobile line. Telus is fine, but not Public Mobile. I have heard rumors that it may work, but I've yet to experience it. 

The Public Mobile help articiles do say that connections are possible to the Verizon network.

@fixin1 AT&T 5G is hit and miss. Sometimes it works for me, other times it doesn't. I still say force your phone to 4G/LTE preferred to avoid issues.

As for Verizon, do you have first hand experience with that one? I've yet to successfully connect to Verizon with my Public Mobile line. Telus is fine, but not Public Mobile. I have heard rumors that it may work, but I've yet to experience it. 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MZ5 - If this is your plan, you are good to go:

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 6.53.18 PM.png

Just enable Data Roaming and whenever you cross into the border of the US you can connect to:

• T-Mobile - 2G EDGE (Getting Decommissioned), 4G LTE, 5G
  • AT&T - 4G LTE, 5G (Hit or miss)
  • Verizon - 4G LTE, 5G

Before I forget, you may need a VoLTE phone. To make sure you have one, try placing a call, if it goes to 3G, you may have interruptions on Calls in the USA. If it stays on LTE / 5G, you are good to go!

Need Help? Let's chat.