cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

Linda52
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have paid 3 different times for US roaming and each time I've been in the U.S., my phone won't work.  Any suggestions as to why?

5 REPLIES 5

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Linda52 

That is correct, unfortunately your phone doesn’t have VoLTE. So next time you are in the US you will have to manually connect to T-Mobile in order for your calling to work and make sure you have data roaming turned on if you purchased a data roaming add-on. 

Linda52
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone.  My phone is a Samsung A8, so I'm guessing it doesn't have VoLTE.  Thanks for all your help.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

1) Make sure to go into your network connections and turn on Data Roaming

2) Go into your network settings and set your Preferred Network to 4G vs 5G.

3) Try changing your phone to manual network selection and choose T-Mobile vs AT&T.

And as has already been asked, what specific add on did you buy? And what phone are you using? So all services not work (calls/text/data), or just certain services?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Linda52 

so, you are back in Canada now?

Which roaming add-ons you got?

if you are still in US, can you try to manually connect to T-Mobile and AT&T.  One of them should work.  And depends on voice or data, you might need to do different things to make it works, liike Enable Mobile Roamding data on your phone  for data, or changing to 2G on T-Mobile for voices to work 

if you are back in Canada, try to  submit a ticket with CS Agent, they might be able to do something:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Linda52 

Which specific add-on have you been purchasing?

If it’s a data add-on ensure that you have data roaming turned on. 

You will need to connect to either AT&T or T-Mobile. If one doesn’t work please manually connect to the other and reboot your phone. 

If your phone isn’t VoLTE enabled you will need to manually connect to T-Mobile and put you voice and data settings to 2G GSM in order to have calling work. You can check if you have VoLTE support on your device from Public Mobile here:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Need Help? Let's chat.