cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming with Public Mobile

rflaglor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I'm not sure why, but I can't get in contact with Customer Service to inquire, so I'm looking for some help.

Am I able to get a Roaming package with Public Mobile when I travel to the US? It looks like I can, but for some reason I thought for sure I was told that wasn't available when I originally signed up with PM? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm traveling for work very shortly and need to 

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rflaglor 

Public Mobile recently updated their US Roaming add ons. For more information on US Roaming than supplied in the help articles by pm read this updated post and the original post of the following thread. They should prove helpful to you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/US-Roaming-Add-ons-Decommissioning-of-US-...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons are Always available.

Just go to here and pick what you need.

Meow_0-1673997499179.png

You do NOT need to contact agent to buy US or any other add-on.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@rflaglor when told you that you cannot?

But first, if you are in US long and you need data most, and maybe calls and text just in case,  then  maybe it is cheaper to buy local data prepaid SIM card. 

For US Roaming data and text, you can get it no problem and use itn on T-Mobile LTE network easily.  You can then use voice with VoIP app like TextNow

Roaming Voice is trickier and it might or might not work as it relies on T-Mobile 2G neteork, which could be unreliable 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rflaglor 

Indeed, Customer Support is not needed for this request.

Follow @dust2dust advice.

Your other option includes purchasing a local pre-paid SIM card while there for superior coverage, however those are only in 30-day increments and really only useful if your stay there exceeds 15 days (PM's now roaming package length per add-on)

You might want to consider getting from from T-Mobile or Mint Mobile, or similar provider.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@rflaglor- You don't need support. Yes of course you can buy roaming add-ons. Did you sign up in a store before last July?

Connect to T-Mobile, turn on roaming data, hopefully your phone can drop down to 2G for calls. Be aware that calling is a problem. But text and data should be fine as long as you're in a coverage area...which of course can vary just like here.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rflaglor get support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

edit you can get 15 day roaming options available in your self serve account under plan add on tab 

Need Help? Let's chat.