cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming add on suddenly doesn't work in day 4 of 10 day plan

omri1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Roaming add on doesn't work and doesn't show on my account, even though I bought a 10 day plan with unlimited talk/text and 250 mb of data. Maybe I've exhausted my data, but why does nothing work?

13 REPLIES 13

@darlicious wrote:

@t_p 

The US roaming add on doesn't work in Canada but the clock starts ticking as soon as you purchase it. So it sounds like in preparation for their trip the OP bought it 6 days prior to arriving in the US.

ok, I see what you mean. So @omri1 , if your 4th day in the US is the 10th day since you purchased the add-on, what happened is normal. You can plead ignorance with PM but don't be surprised if they turn you down since the rules are pretty clearly spelled out.

@t_p 

The US roaming add on doesn't work in Canada but the clock starts ticking as soon as you purchase it. So it sounds like in preparation for their trip the OP bought it 6 days prior to arriving in the US.

@t_p wrote:

OP said the Roaming suddenly doesn't work in day 4 , so I have to surmise it was working from day 1-4 and so he has been in the US from the time he bought it (or soon after), since the Roaming can't work while he was in Canada.

How does that related with Provision?  

And Roaming add-on will appear on the account for 10 days after successfully purchased whether you are in US or Canada.

@darlicious wrote:

@t_p 

Provisioning wouldn't affect the add on appearing in the account or disappearing for that matter. But it could cause it not to be working. But I get the feeling the OP prepurchased the US roaming add on.

@omri1 

If you purchased the US roaming add on too early not realizing it activates immediately there may be a chance that a CSA can give you a reset roaming add on for 5 days. I know they have a way of doing something like this but it would be a gesture of good will for your honest mistake.

So contact customer support and ask. If you get a new CSA they will have to ask a senior colleague to do it for them as its a workaround that they do for another customer that has the $60 Canada/US roaming plan and uses 10 day US roaming data add ons.

OP said the Roaming suddenly doesn't work in day 4 , so I have to surmise it was working from day 1-4 and so he has been in the US from the time he bought it (or soon after), since the Roaming can't work while he was in Canada.

@t_p 

Provisioning wouldn't affect the add on appearing in the account or disappearing for that matter. But it could cause it not to be working. But I get the feeling the OP prepurchased the US roaming add on.

@omri1 

If you purchased the US roaming add on too early not realizing it activates immediately there may be a chance that a CSA can give you a reset roaming add on for 5 days. I know they have a way of doing something like this but it would be a gesture of good will for your honest mistake.

So contact customer support and ask. If you get a new CSA they will have to ask a senior colleague to do it for them as its a workaround that they do for another customer that has the $60 Canada/US roaming plan and uses 10 day US roaming data add ons.

Are you ok now @omri1?

If it was really you bought the US roaming 10 days ago, you have to wait 24 hours before you can repurchase a new one, so sometime tomorrow.    Or you need in a rush, you can try to open a ticket with CS Agent and have them to manually process for you.  It is best you load the money first so they can process when they are ready.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@omri1 wrote:

Roaming add on doesn't work and doesn't show on my account, even though I bought a 10 day plan with unlimited talk/text and 250 mb of data. Maybe I've exhausted my data, but why does nothing work?

@omri1 

If it works for 4 days then just disappeared from your account, you may have a provisioning issue.

Contact CS for investigation using one of these 2 methods:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

Thanks @dabr .. you found out I failed Math!! LoL

@omri1    Just to clarify, I believe @hTideGnow  meant to say 10 days (240 hours, not 120) countdown start immediately after purchase.

@omri1 

Do you have any other US roaming add ons? Can you confirm your purchase date?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

When exactly you bought your add-on?

US roaming starts moment you buy it and goes for 10 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@omri1 

do Rebooting your phone
what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

Try manually selecting either of  AT&T or T-Mobile, whichever works best for you,
for Re-Purchase Add-ons you need to wait 25 hours after the expiry first Purchase Add-ons or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentto do it for you..

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @omri1   did you buy it 4 days ago or you just in US 4 days ago?

US add-on starts counting the 10 days from the day you bought and not the day you start using it.    The moment you successfully purchased, it starts counting the 10 days, 120 240 hours from that point  (Thanks @dabr )

Need Help? Let's chat.