cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Plan not working

Athena246
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have purchased a US roaming plan for 15 years with data, but it does not seem to be working on my phone.

The data usage is 0, and my phone can access internet or call.

How to fix this? Thanks so much for your help.

10 REPLIES 10

Athena246
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Update: it works now (previously it was my bad with phone settings).

Thanks so much everyone for your help!

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @Chalupa_Batman if it happens all the time, it is the system.  my own experience, google links are easy to be treated as spam.

and honest, why use the Google doc?? Don't get offended, I dont agree what agent said about that being useful. why another link to click?? Can't you just copy and paste for easy access ?? 

Well @hTideGnow on many occasions you've criticized my Google links saying they were not helpful and pointless. Just wondering, at what point should I be offended? LOL. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Chalupa_Batman you do know that Oracles can't delete posts, only CSA's and probably PM staff that have that ability. 

Honestly @ShawnC13 I have no clue as it doesn't really state anywhere what an Oracle's duties are on these forums. 

Hi @Chalupa_Batman if it happens all the time, it is the system.  my own experience, google links are easy to be treated as spam.

and honest, why use the Google doc?? Don't get offended, I dont agree what agent said about that being useful. why another link to click?? Can't you just copy and paste for easy access ?? 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Chalupa_Batman you do know that Oracles can't delete posts, only CSA's and probably PM staff that have that ability. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

It happens ALL the time. So I reached out to a CS Agent and shared my links with them. The CS Agent said those links are fine and are very helpful. He was also impressed the time and effort putting in to helping others here on the forums and advised me if my links are deleted again I was to inform them to reach out to the moderator on the board to deal with it.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

Hello @Athena246 

Here are two links to help you fix this issue. One is for iPhone and one for Android.

NOTE: Oracles, do not delete this post as permission was granted by CS Agents to use these links.

How to change Network Operators on iPhone (google.com)

How to change Network Operators on Android (google.com)

Why would Oracles delete your post du to provided links? You are trying to help and new and unexperienced customer might not know where to go and look for help.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Athena246 15days or 15years?  lol

try connect to both T-Mobile and AT&T and one of them should work.  Also sure mobile data is enabled.  Try connect in different area

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Athena246 

Try to switch carriers.  Either T mobile or AT&T are PM US carrier partners.  

Sometimes rebooting phone.  Network reset of phone (this will erase any saved Wifi passwords)

Here is some more troubleshooting advice:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/us-roaming-troubleshooting

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Athena246   Are you able to connect to AT&T or T-Mobile on 4G/LTE? (don't try to use 5G). For voice, do you have a VoLTE phone?   If not try to connect to T-Mobile's 2G network because there is no more 3G in the USA for a non-VoLTE (voice over LTE) phone to fall back on.  Check that data roaming is turned on.  What phone do you have?  

Need Help? Let's chat.