cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Data Add-on

LWL2006
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Purchased a US talk, Text and data package but needed more data so also grabbed a 3GB data only add-on. The first 3 gb that came with talk and text ran out and now the data only package is not activating, have tried restarting iphone and network reset, neither worked any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Phil_Adelphus Yep, it's dependent on what plan someone is on and their needs. If they're on a 90 day plan or any good deal that's no longer available it may not make sense to switch. I do try to bring it up just in case. I'm glad there is at least the $19 1GB plan for low data users but PM could do better in that area, particularly for existing customers.

@golfball  The problem with switching to a Canada-US plan is that there's not much to switch back to if someone doesn't want to keep paying $34 afterwards, can't go back to the $15 any more for example.

@LWL2006  Could there be a connection problem, since the add on does show as available?  Are you connecting to AT&T or T-Mobile and not trying to connect at 5G but starting with 4G/LTE?  Are you travelling or still in the same place as when the previous add on worked?  Data roaming couldn't have accidentally been turned off in settings?

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you considered switching to one of the plans that include US roaming instead? Much more data is included at a lower price than when buying those add-ons.

LWL2006

Not same add-on - one was talk text and data, one was just data. The unused data only add-on that has not been activated does show in my account as having 3 gb available

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

You only need to wait 24 hours if both are the same add on, it doesn't apply if they are both different. @LWL2006 does the data add on show in your account?

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LWL2006 i remember you supposed to let it expires before buying again.  But check with PM first

and if you already plan to use that much data, you should have change to one of those CanUS plan before the trip

LWL2006

Thanks for the quick reply! The thing is that i knew ahead of time i needed more data so both add-ons were purchased a week ago.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LWL2006 

i remember if the data used up before the expiry, you need support to help (something about you need to wait 24 hours).  Use chatbot bublle at the bottom to open ticket., or simply message them

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.