cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add-ons

AOGenie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a $15 100 min/250MB plan which uses 3G apparently.

Can I add and use the US Roaming add-ons to this plan?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A71 which supports GSM/HSPA/LTE and 2G/3G/4G but is not supported by AT&T for data (already tried using their SIM). When I entered the IMEI for the phone on T-Mobile's website it said the phone was compatible. So does that mean that talk, text and data using the US Roaming add-on would work in the US where T-mobile was available?

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AOGenie - it does not matter what Public Mobile plan you have when you want to travel to the USA using Roaming addons. You can have any Public plan, AS LONG AS the plan is in Active status. 

Any addons will only work on Active plans.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@AOGenie wrote:

I have a $15 100 min/250MB plan which uses 3G apparently.

Can I add and use the US Roaming add-ons to this plan?

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A71 which supports GSM/HSPA/LTE and 2G/3G/4G but is not supported by AT&T for data (already tried using their SIM). When I entered the IMEI for the phone on T-Mobile's website it said the phone was compatible. So does that mean that talk, text and data using the US Roaming add-on would work in the US where T-mobile was available?

TIA

"When I entered the IMEI for the phone on T-Mobile's website it said the phone was compatible. " that means  your phone is compatible with T Mobile if you use T Mobile sim card or T Mobile travel pre paid card.

When you are in USA, make sure your phone connect to T Mobile whether by automatically or by manually. If your phone support VoLTE then turn on it or LTE at settings.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you can but your success in USA might be questionable.

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Engage Roaming toggle (switch/slider). Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AOGenie    Reminder that the US add-on are effective immediately after purchase and will expire exactly 360 hours later, so try to purchase them as close to your trip as possible unless it's for less than 15 days.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @AOGenie your 3G plan is just 3G speed.  you can buy US roaming and can use LTE or 4G network in US without problem

Just make sure you try to connect to T-Mobile network when you are there

Your phone will be good to use LTE data there, make sure you enable roaming 

For voice, try using volte if possibly, if not, it depends if it cam connect to T-Mobile 2g network 

Need Help? Let's chat.