cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Can someone give me a reason for optimism

steveb11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Back in mid-January, I joined Public Mobile after many years as a PC Mobile customer. It wasn't the smoothest transition and at the time, a bit despondent, I posted a message with the headline "Can someone give me a reason for optimism?"

Many community members responded, offering their thoughts, support and encouragement. I was quite impressed (and touched) by the responses I received, along with the nuggets of advice I gathered along the way.

I thought I would provide an update after a few months of being a Public Mobile subscriber. I can say that the experience has gotten much better. I haven't had any problems to date (touch wood). No problems with the service, no problems with billing. I even earned a couple of bucks in community rewards, which was a pleasant surprise. 

Given what I'm receiving (100 outgoing minutes across Canada, unlimited incoming minutes, free incoming and outgoing texts and 250MB of data) for just $13 per month, I think it's extremely good value.

So thanks to all those who told me to hang in there. You were right. It did get better.

13 REPLIES 13

steveb11

@AE_Collector  Thanks. Here's to what I hope will be many years as a PM customer.

Yup @Korth , it wasn't meant to imply smooth sailing. 

I just found it coincidental that after I had use those words, I looked back on the initial thread and Luddite had posted that particular picture.

The original picture may have demonstrated what @steveb11 was experiencing at the time.  Less than smooth sailing, but all hands on deck to help them navigate it.

But now it is much more smooth sailing. 

😁

@steveb11 

Good update. PM takes a little getting used to as seen by many of the reports and complaints seen on the community. Many do not understand what a Prepaid plan versus a Postpaid plan is. They are sometimes incensed at things that happen here where I can see they are comparing in their mind to a Postpaid plan where some level of credit check has been performed and therefore some level of “credit” is being allowed the user. PM hasn't done any sort of credit check and allows nothing that hasn't been paid for beforehand. 

I have been here for 28 months now, never a service problem and I believe my only small glitches (that were resolved with a moderators intervention) were all related to perks and rewards for being here.

AE_Collector

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@steveb11 , thanks for the good news story!  Wait until you receive the first loyalty reward.  Psychologically it is so good to see prices falling year to year instead of increasing.  Stay the course, more good things are just around the corner.  

steveb11

Thanks @mh1983 . I figured it would be good for people to see a balanced perspective.

@HALIMACS wrote:

EDIT:   LOL re my smooth sailing comment from earlier...   I see that another user @Luddite , posted this pic when you first asked this question a couple of months ago... very fitting!!!

HALIMACS_0-1617632794219.png

I don't think that particular picture describes "smooth sailing" very well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_scalehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_scale

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@steveb11 wrote:

Back in mid-January, I joined Public Mobile after many years as a PC Mobile customer. It wasn't the smoothest transition and at the time, a bit despondent, I posted a message with the headline "Can someone give me a reason for optimism?"

Many community members responded, offering their thoughts, support and encouragement. I was quite impressed (and touched) by the responses I received, along with the nuggets of advice I gathered along the way.

I thought I would provide an update after a few months of being a Public Mobile subscriber. I can say that the experience has gotten much better. I haven't had any problems to date (touch wood). No problems with the service, no problems with billing. I even earned a couple of bucks in community rewards, which was a pleasant surprise. 

Given what I'm receiving (100 outgoing minutes across Canada, unlimited incoming minutes, free incoming and outgoing texts and 250MB of data) for just $13 per month, I think it's extremely good value.

So thanks to all those who told me to hang in there. You were right. It did get better.

Wow, this was nice to read this morning. Understandably, the community forum is usually focused on things that aren't going well (troubleshooting, venting, etc). It's nice to hear from someone who started out with some problems at PM and got help along the way from the community.

Thanks for sharing this nice message and I'm glad the service is working out better for you now. Nice that you got a few bucks for community involvement too. No carrier is perfect but overall PM is a great option and the community is super helpful. Here's to many more years of savings and smooth service ahead!

steveb11

@Dtack  Thanks.

Yes, very true. I do enjoy the community support very much.

Dtack

Glad you hung in there with PM - there can be a few hiccups - but we have an awesome Community who is always there to help and answer our questions.  I have loved the savings with PM as well.

thanks for following up.  

yes, just like any carrier , PM does have areas that can improve.  But overall, it's a great service.    Glad you like it.

steveb11

Thanks @esjliv.

Yes, I do visit the Community site regularly to keep up on the latest issues. There's a lot of people way smarter than me here on these issues but if I can help, I'm happy to do so.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@steveb11 wrote:

@steveb11 Really nice to hear of your improved experience. 🙂

Keep checking in on the Community and maybe, you also, can encourage and support others having the early bump in the road issues. You have been there done that, so you can be their lived experience role model!

As an added perk, you may gain a dollar or two credit along the way for your help.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@steveb11 

Excellent follow up!!

Generally, once new customers get over the first month or two, it's smooth sailing. 

EDIT:   LOL re my smooth sailing comment from earlier...   I see that another user @Luddite , posted this pic when you first asked this question a couple of months ago... very fitting!!!

HALIMACS_0-1617632794219.png

Need Help? Let's chat.