cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO USE MY DATA

AyoS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched to PC mobile from Virgin a month ago and subscibed to the 50 CAD/month plan with with more than 8.5Gb of data. Everything went well until I travelled recently and on my return, i realized my data had stopped working.

Curious, I looked into my account and i have only used 650 Mb so far with 8Gb of data remaining.I have checked my phone settings and all but it appears the proble is from my provider.

Any help?

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM wrote:

@srlawren 

Thanks for the heads-up!

Anyone know if this issue applies to other add-ons as well? Like the combo ones?

- US roaming text/calling add-on

- US roaming text/calling/data add-on

@LovesToPM because those bundles include the US Roaming Texting add-on, both have the same issue.  The issue is limited only to the Texting service though.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren 

Thanks for the heads-up!

Anyone know if this issue applies to other add-ons as well? Like the combo ones?

- US roaming text/calling add-on

- US roaming text/calling/data add-on

srlawren

@LovesToPM wrote:

@srlawren 

Thanks! Good to know, for my future trips to USA as well.

@LovesToPM what I recommend to people regarding the US Roaming Texting add-on expiry bug is, if you are back in Canada before your 10 days is up (maybe you're on a shorter trip), right away send the moderators a private message and ask them to manually remove the US Roaming Texting add-on from your account pre-emptively.  If they do this, you will not experience the 12-24 hours where all your incoming message are forever lost to the abyss.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren 

Thanks! Good to know, for my future trips to USA as well.

srlawren

@LovesToPM wrote:

@AyoS  Just to make sure you're at the right forum. When you mention PC mobile, you mean Public Mobile. Lol

@LovesToPM good catch!

@LovesToPM wrote:

Otherwise, here's another tip you may follow...

Similar issue has happened to others who purchased US roaming add-on. Upon their return and expiry of the add-on, they have lost some service. I believe you will need to notify a moderator to fix this.

@LovesToPM FYI, the only roaming service that has known issues upon expiry is texting; generally there is no issue with data upon returning from a trip the US

EDIT: fixed typo in "expiry"

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@AyoS  Just to make sure you're at the right forum. When you mention PC mobile, you mean Public Mobile. Lol

If one of the already suggested methods has resolved your issue, then great. Please keep us updated.

Otherwise, here's another tip you may follow...

Similar issue has happened to others who purchased US roaming add-on. Upon their return and expiry of the add-on, they have lost some service. I believe you will need to notify a moderator to fix this.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@AyoS wrote:

I switched to PC mobile from Virgin a month ago and subscibed to the 50 CAD/month plan with with more than 8.5Gb of data. Everything went well until I travelled recently and on my return, i realized my data had stopped working.

Curious, I looked into my account and i have only used 650 Mb so far with 8Gb of data remaining.I have checked my phone settings and all but it appears the proble is from my provider.

Any help?

You can use the trick phone lost/stolen..go in your self serve account in the tab PLAN/ADD-ONS and click on phone lost/stolen .Close your phone few minutes and open it again. And reactivate your service now and see if something is different.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@AyoS 

Does your text and talk work?  

You may want to try the following;

Reboot phone

Network reset

Lost/stolen phone trick. - resets your SIM card/account

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

Maybe try your SIM card in another phone to determine whether hardware issue verus service problem.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AyoS wrote:

Any help?

Make sure your data is enabled. Try cycling phone off / on. If that doesn't work, try the lost/stolen remedy. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.