cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two face id

AshMc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I change it so I no longer need to get a code text to my phone just to log into my account? I keep selecting “trustee device” but it still asks me each time 

8 REPLIES 8

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It never remembers me either, I've just come to accept the 'Remember this Device' only remembers for a few hours before you have to log back in and get the 2FA Code again. 

Just the way it is now, I miss the days of being able to disable 2FA all together.. it is still an option to turn off in settings with Koodo Pre-Paid but not here anymore.. 

@DennyCrane 

Hmmm, It doesn’t on my iPhone or computer.

@BKNS27 Autofill works for my username and password on both the app (Android) and my computer. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Trusted Device didn't work very well for me in the beginning, but lately it has been very good. Rarely do I need to go through 2FA on my trusted Device anymore. I'm on Android, not sure if that makes a difference.

If you set your browser to automatically clear cache and cookies on exit, that could be the issue. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AshMc 

You may have to login to your account a few times by clicking on Trusted Device while you are connected to home WiFi.

But you need to confirm every time if you are on public WiFi or data or using Face ID. 

BTW, autofill will not work to login. You need to manually put in your email and password with the check mark next to your email & password.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AshMc Sorry, the 2FA cannot be skipped even Face ID was used.  But remember to check mark the "Trusted device" option at the bottom and in many cases the system won't send you another 2FA code

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@AshMc 

Are you using Public mobile app or web browser?

Public mobile introduced the eversafe Login just recently.  Unfortunately, there are still things that PM needs to improve.  PM team is still working on fixes to improve the experience.  

I do find that if I am at home on Wifi, when I access my account , use the same device (PC) and enter my password, I do not need to do 2FA authorization.  Using the Public mobile app, outside the home for my account, also does not need 2FA. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AshMc  Sorry there no way to turn off 2FA . Code will be randomly sent  at times 

Add if you click trusted device on safari or google and have code sent it should sign you back in again with  out needing the code 

Need Help? Let's chat.