cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to subscribe and transfer number from Koodo postpaid

POPU
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I am trying to subscribe public mobile with eSim choice from Koodo post-paid. However, the activation is blocked and the eSim settings never arrived. Is there any solution i can follow to get it done?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@POPU 

Yes if customer support agreed to a refund and told you that you would need to use a new email to create your account because eversafe will get confused. (It's always a good idea to have an account specific email for your phone for security purposes.) I suggest:

Download the PM app (or uninstall and reinstall the app) on your device you intend to install the e-sim.

Create a new account and start your new activation all within the PM app.

Make you have enabled e-sim in your device settings.

Choose a temporary phone # so you can verify your identity with eversafe once your activation and self serve account creation is complete.

Port in through your profile page using your Koodo account #. Make sure you keep your Koodo Sim card in your phone to reply YES to the porting text within 90 minutes of it being sent to you.

Porting should complete within minutes. Once your Koodo Sim stops working porting has completed.

Make sure you update your eversafe ID in your account with your ported phone # once porting completes.

*Enter your referral code for your $10 bonus referral credit on the payment page.

POPU

I already requested the refund from them, and i may redo it again with your solution.

Let me check the thing i understood from your explanation. First, i have to create another account with new email. Then, activate public mobile by choosing a service with new phone number. After the activation, finally i will have to process the number transfer from my current provider. is this work?

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@POPU 

Have you been able to activate? If you have not yet activated I suggest you choose a temporary phone # during activation and once your activation is complete and you are able to log into your self serve account you can then port over your phone # through your profile page. This is a preventative measure in case you encounter activation error and prevents you from recieving the one time identification verifier text from eversafe allowing access to your self serve account.

@POPU wrote:

I downloaded the mobile app and completed the subscription input there. However, the mobile app stopped at Step 6 of 6 and showed "SUBSCRIPTION NOT ACTIVATED"

@POPU 

Then you will need to contact customer service agent as mentioned by Handy in earlier post.  Response times are usually within 1-3 hours.  Check your private message inbox for response (envelope icon on right upper corner). 

POPU

I downloaded the mobile app and completed the subscription input there. However, the mobile app stopped at Step 6 of 6 and showed "SUBSCRIPTION NOT ACTIVATED"

@POPU wrote:

@Dunkman Thanks for the information.
The subscribing is listed in pending in my credit card account. I never got the email for eSIM. I just got email to download there mobile application.

@POPU 

Did you try to finish the activations with the app? If not, download app and complete activation.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@POPU  And your using the APP to activate ? Not website all activations need the app . If you haven’t already downloaded the app try that if still no luck please submit ticket with support 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

POPU

@Dunkman Thanks for the information.
The subscribing is listed in pending in my credit card account. I never got the email for eSIM. I just got email to download there mobile application.

POPU

@Handy1 Thanks for the information. I checked the cellular settings in my iPhone, however new eSim was not there yet. I never got the email for downloading or setting the eSim.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@POPU  Check you sim manager in phone settings and see if the eSIM already installed and enable it for PM or set to primary if iPhone you will also notice “turn this line on” make sure it toggled on and reboot the phone see if the helps 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@POPU 

First check if you were actually charged.  If not charged, you can try again. 

If charged, did you receive an email with a QR code for eSIM?  

Did you first activate via website?  If you did, you will need to download app to complete activation process.

Need Help? Let's chat.