cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to cancel an account

Bizylizy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My husband cannot ligin to his account and cancel. He has a new SIM card and new plan so can you please contact him and either transfer old number and cancel payments in xxx-xxx-2944, this is his old number . His new number is xxx-xxx-9757. His old email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@icloud.com and his new email is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

please please get in touch with him!

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

5 REPLIES 5

@Bizylizy1 wrote:

My big problem is that security keeps sending me codes on ny old phone number which i cannot access as i do not have the phone. They keep taking auto payments too

@Bizylizy1 try to click Resend code and see if email option is there

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If not, try these

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

Bizylizy1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My big problem is that security keeps sending me codes on ny old phone number which i cannot access as i do not have the phone. They keep taking auto payments too

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Bizylizy1   you have done the wrong steps

you should login to the old login with the old number and just to change SIM card.  You should not be activating a new sim card

I don't think agent can help to "merge" the two account

I am pretty sure you need to buy another sim card now, and login to the old acocunt and then Change sim ard

When this is done, go into the NEW account and remove the Autopay and cancel the NEW account instead

You can submit a ticket to agent to confirm if you like

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bizylizy1  - This is a public forum, please edit your post to remove any personal information. To edit it, hit the down arrow at top, right of your post. !

EDIT, no one will get in contact with you. We are all customers and members here on the forum, so we have no access to your account. Please know who you are communicating with here, so you can remove phone numbers and emails from your post. Customer service agents can be communicated to in private messages.

If you did not port your number to another provider - Call 611 from the Public Mobile SIM card or 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device to REMOVE AUTOPAY. After the account has been in nonpay status for over 90 days the account closes automatically.

If you DID port your number to another provider, that automatically closes your Public account here.

You can use the “Get Help” section at the top of the screen above: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help, type 'customer support' to get methods to Public Mobile representatives.

Need Help? Let's chat.