cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble transferring number

chemicalidol
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It's been five days and I can't seem to complete my phone number transfer. Can someone please help me with this.

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chemicalidol 

Common mistake by new members not replying to the text with YES from their previous carrier with the old SIM in the phone. There is also a 90 minute window to reply.

This is a critical step in completing the porting of your old number to prevent illegal SIM swapping.

If you missed this step, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process but keep the old SIM in your phone to reply. But reboot your phone first by powering off then back on and see if that works.

If you replied then there could be a provisional issue with the SIM so contact a CS_Agent to reset your SIM.

An agent can be contacted at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chemicalidol  There’s a number for live support and can give you status update on the port or re trigger  it if needed . Will send you private message 

Adding if your have a temp PM phone number your bell account needs be active . In your my account you can transfer the number on profile page . Noticed transfer number under first red circle in pic . @chemicalidol 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1692565383522.jpeg

chemicalidol

Yes to all this. But I got a text after this with a phone number and dialled the number. Was told there was no active transfer request. Don't know how to complete (or restart) the transfer.

Hi @chemicalidol So, you fill out the info to port over your number from VM? Did you get a text message from them asking permission to port? Did you say YES? 

chemicalidol

Thank you both. Transferring from virgin mobile monthly contract 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Are you porting from another provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.