cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to port in old number but it isn’t active anymore.

noominaboo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I tried to port in my old number that was no longer active as of Nov 7. I am now realizing that my number should have been active and when activating my sim and trying to transfer the number it doesn’t work and i can’t sign into my account. I submitted a ticket to CS hoping they will just cancel the request and give me a new number

10 REPLIES 10

noominaboo

I tried to see if there were other ways of verifying but it would only allow me to do by sms. Everything is good now though as a CS rep fixed everything for me, thank you all for your suggestions while I waited! 🙂

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@noominaboo wrote:

I can’t even get into my account anymore because PM accepted my old phone number as my new PM number and it wants verification that I cannot get due to it being deactivated.

Not sure if I'm understanding, but if the issue is that you can't get into PM account because it's sending SMS to a number you can't access, try clicking "didn't get code". It should then offer a choice of SMS, voice call, or email, to send you the code. Maybe email would work for you, if you have access to the email account you gave when you set up the PM account?

noominaboo

Sorry I made some typos while distracted in my previous messages. My tbaytel number is no longer active so the port won’t work. I can’t even get into my account anymore because PM accepted my old phone number as my new PM number and it wants verification that I cannot get due to it being deactivated. I was paying 105 a month for 12GB and don’t want to have to go back to tbaytel mobility as their service was terrible lol. I might just have to sadly

@noominaboo wrote:

Thunder Bay. I’m hoping I can just ditch the port altogether when a CS agent gets back to me and just get a new number. I wish I had chosen it from the beginning had I known it was going to be a headache to deal with lol

The good news is a how a Thunder Bay number can positively be ported to Public Mobile.  However, Public Mobile won't be able to assist as long as the number is inactive.

As your Tbaytel nubmer is active, the porting request will fail.  That being the case, you should be able to perform a number change from within your Public Mobile Self Serve account.

noominaboo

Thunder Bay. I’m hoping I can just ditch the port altogether when a CS agent gets back to me and just get a new number. I wish I had chosen it from the beginning had I known it was going to be a headache to deal with lol

@noominaboo wrote:

Hi sorry I forgot to add, my old carrier was Tbaytel Mobility. they operate under Rogers. 

I have a strong suspicion that your number might not be transferable to Public Mobile.   Which city is the phoen number from.  Many of the numbers in Northwestern Ontario can't be transferred to Public Mobile (or Telus Mobiltiy/Koodo Mobile).

hi @noominaboo you need to reactivate the old carrier  account to port, or call them and see id they can take a verbal approval of the port even account is not active

noominaboo

Hi sorry I forgot to add, my old carrier was Tbaytel Mobility. they operate under Rogers. 

noominaboo

I would deactivate but I was paying 105 for 12GB a month. 🙃 i’ve had that plan for years and tried to change it but unsuccessful. I don’t want to rractivate and have to pay that much and this plan on top of it. they have not gotten back to me yet and i’m hoping i didn’t waste 50 dollars on PM if i can’t even get access to my account. my fault was i did not know i had to have an active number in order to port. so hopefully they just cancel it altogether and allow me to get a brand new number. I just have everything registered to my old and was hoping to not have to hassle everyone in order to update my info. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@noominaboo 

Your old number is from which mobile company?  If Telus and Koodo, you can still transfer with inactive account. If other mobile company and you want that old number, you will need to pay for the account to activate, then re-initiate the port. 

Customer service agent hopefully already responded to your ticket. 

Need Help? Let's chat.