cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to USA

KACHASAFA
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If I keep my SIM card on while traveling to the USA, will I receive text messages and calls? Will I be charged even if I do not answer the calls or reply to the texts, considering I may need to keep the SIM on for receiving OTPs?

6 REPLIES 6

KACHASAFA

Got it, thank you so much for your help!

KACHASAFA

Got it, thank you!

Lolo_1234

@softech wrote:

@KACHASAFA if you don't buy US roaming, you will only receive text for free, won't receive calls and cannot send text or calls , no extra charge

Except if you have a Canada-USA plan of course, then everything should work as normal 🙂

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

You will not be charged for anything so you can keep the phone on at all times. If you do not purchase add-on you can possibly receive text but will not be able to send any.  It will be a hot or miss if you do get random texts without the add on.

If you connect to wifi, you can use WhatsApp or apps like Textnow. Any 3rd party apps that uses wi-fi.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@KACHASAFA 

without a roaming add-on, you will receive texts but you won't be able to respond, you won't be able to use data and you won't get calls or be able to call out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KACHASAFA if you don't buy US roaming, you will only receive text for free, won't receive calls and cannot send text or calls , no extra charge

Need Help? Let's chat.