cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling international - (international texts/calls and other options)

ChrisJohnson7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

Planning on going to Grenada. I see under my subscription usage, it says I have unlimited international texts, and it also says I have 500min INTL LD (free holiday giveaway), and another 500min one-time intl LD bonus.

Just wanted to clarify how this works. I know I can use this from Canada to call or text someone in the Caribbean, but will this also work vice versa? So, while I am in Grenada, can I use the 500min LD intl to call back to Canada, and use the unlimited INTL texts to text message someone back in Canada?

I want to take a shot and say no, but I just want to make sure because if I can, then I have no need for anything else while I'm away. However, if this is not the case, does PM offer anything else I can add on to give some calling or texting while I am in the Caribbean?

Appreciate all the help, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

kimba8

Thanks for the posts. I have a similar question. I live in Canada and hoped my one-time int'l LD bonus could be used when I'm travelling in the US to call to another US number or home to Canada. If I understand the posts correctly, the bonus ONLY covers calls made from within Canada. Correct? 

ChrisJohnson7

@BKNS27 @softech 

Ah I see. Unfortunate. Much respect for the replies.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisJohnson7 

Sorry, there are no Roaming in Grenada. The LD you are referring are calls made from Canada and only to these Countries so you can’t even make calls to the Caribbean or Grenada from Canada.

IMG_0164.png

Your only options is to purchase a local SIM or use WhatsApp or TextNow app for free calling and texting through wifi.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ChrisJohnson7 no, those add-on won't work when you are outside Canada.

When traveling, you need roaming service but PM does not have any roaming service other than US.  So, you need to get local service there or travel eSIM 

Need Help? Let's chat.