cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering Phone Number Between Account

Callum3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to transfer my phone number from my old public mobile account to my new one. How do I do that?

10 REPLIES 10

Sounds good. Come back and let us know how it turned out. Just know due to their hours of work, they may not respond tonight but tomorrow since it's late Sunday night. 🙂 Good luck to you.

Callum3

Okay, well thanks for the help, and I'll see what I can do by contacting them.

Sadly no. But they've been known to upgrade. Just ask nicely. 🙂 I did. I was on the $29 plan and look what I got that was JUST for new customers. Use the link below I offered to contact a CS Agent.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709512084032.png

I am a happy camper now!! 

Callum3

I currently have the $15 per month plan, but want to upgrade to the $24 month plan. Is that something I can upgrade to without contacting a CS Agent?

Once again, which plan are you on and which one do you want?

Before they allowed EVERYONE to upgrade to these new Canada US plans, I had to ask permission from a CS Agent. Now, no permission needed.

How to change plans

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709511771317.png

Then go to Change Subscription.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709511771396.png

Then choose the one you want. There will be 2 options. Change immediately or at the end of cycle. Change it for the end of the cycle. Meaning it will change next month and you won't lose anything you've already paid for this month.

Callum3

Okay cool, thanks.

Hey @Callum3 

You can now choose any of the new promotions out there assuming you're talking about these ones. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/mb/plans?network=PROMOTION

You don't have to lose any of your Legacy Rewards or lose your number.

If you're talking about the $24 plan that's for new customers, if you are upgrading to to this plan, CS Agent have been known to upgrade. But if you're not upgrading, they won't do it. You can reach a CS Agent via the chatbox.

To submit a ticket, start with the chatbot at the bottom right corner.

Or the following link: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Which promotion did you want?

Please note we are ALL customers here just like you.

Callum3

Yes, I want to take advantage of their promotion that is only applicable to new accounts. That makes no sense that they can't transfer numbers between accounts, honestly this has me thinking of switching providers as their setup is insane.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Callum3 Unfortunately, that is no possible. You will have to port out to another carrier then port back in since Public Mobile do not allow PM to PM number transfer as per their policy. 

Is there a reason you would like to do this? You can take advantage of some new deals within your old account. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Callum3 sorry, this cannot be done.  PM no longer doing number swap between accounts.  Many asked and got the same answer 

Need Help? Let's chat.