cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring phone number from a family plan

amandajfaigal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm leaving my family plan where there are 4 phone numbers associated with one account on Rogers. The message:
"I authorize the transfer of my phone number to Public Mobile and the cancellation of my account with my current service provider" leads me to believe the whole account will be deactivated? Does anyone know if its just that number that I provided them or if my whole family will be deactivated

5 REPLIES 5

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds not doable if you are the main account holder but one of added numbers should be able to.  I would advise first to get confirmation before doing it to not cause problems for the rest of your family.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@amandajfaigal 

No the whole account wouldn't be closed.

Only the one line your trying to port out, will get transfer out to Public Mobile.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@amandajfaigal 

Are you the account holder? As long as you are not the account holder just one of the added members with your own phone number added to the account by the account holder you can reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) to port out.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @amandajfaigal no it won't.  it just meant they will cancel that one line after, unless the account only associated with one line only.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

It sure does sound like it (just your number )...but best to check with Rogers. Perhaps someone here will have personal experience to share with you on this subject.

edit'd

Need Help? Let's chat.