cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number from a lost phone

Tammyg0505
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I transfer a number from a lost phone? It's been over 2 hours since I tried the activation but it hasn't worked yet. Tried creating the ticket but the ticket requires the last payment but I haven't had to pay yet. 

9 REPLIES 9

@dust2dust  True , I fumbled that reply … only thing I’m certain of in my responses to OP was how to submit a ticket … the rest is a lil foggy as to what OP truly trying to do … hope they give us a reply .. and again sorry if I caused unnecessary head scratching @Tammyg0505

@Handy1- It's the problem with jumping in with the fast reply. I actually interpret the OP the same way with all the specific keywords they used. So we'll see what they might come back with.

The first part suggests sim swap. The second actually says activation. The third part says they haven't paid which suggests activation. But could also suggest before renewal.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tammyg0505  I’m sorry if I just added confusion to the mix ,, I wasn’t  completely sure of your request … and should have just simply asked if you were trying to port a number or sim swap which @softech @has given you excellent step by step instructions on how to 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You need new SIM and to be able to log in to your PM account.

Then go to

Yummy_0-1677340083722.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tammyg0505 

you are an existing customer and you lost you phone and got a new sim card? 

if so, you do NOT activate the sim using the activation portal.

Instead, , login to My Account from ONLY a desktop or laptop computer to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet won't work)

After you logged in, unsuspend first if you have suspended your service earlier.

Then click Quick Links on the top right and select Change Sim card and follow the steps:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tammyg0505  But if you need to submit a ticket to support here’s the links 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tammyg0505  additional info on porting 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tammyg0505  You need the number you’re porting to PM to be active ? Maybe contact old provider to get a new SIM card with number on it and then port to PM unless your old provider happens to be Telus or Koodo , in that case it’s possible the Telus porting team can fix it on there own 

Need Help? Let's chat.