cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number away from PM

milric1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Is anyone else having problems with porting their phone number away from PM? I wasn't able to do it and need help.

Thank you,

Miles

31 REPLIES 31

milric1

Thank you for the help,  everyone.

@Sansan @hTideGnow @softech @Phil_Adelphus @Yummy 

🍻

milric1

~8.5 hours from creating the account with Eastlink to being able to get the port text request..... Finally.....

milric1

Sent a message asking for an update. I might just leave the it here for now and look at it in the morning...

milric1

It's getting dark and cold here, now... I'm borderline starting up the woodstove again

hi @milric1 did you check the company inbox?? message them once more for status update 

🤭 sorry.

It's nice outside maybe take a walk and come back a message might be waiting 

milric1

I'm at or slightly past the two hour point now...

milric1

@Sansan @softech 

I was afraid that you both would say that.

They say it's usually within 2 hours.But I anticipate, it's obviously longer.It could be up to tomorrow.Hopefully you will hear back from them soon

sorry @milric1 submit ticket is the only way 

For day to day support it's all online and messaging.The only phone number is for when you have a port and you need to re-trigger.

milric1

@Sansan- are you aware of any phone number for Public Mobile, so I can simply talk with a person or is the only option to simply fill in a ticket and wait?

milric1

How long does it normally take for a PM agent to message back? Just going for a rough idea.

milric1

I get text messages without issue but there was an error regarding my address and PM wouldn't release my phone number - even though the addresses were identical. I created a ticket earlier and I'm waiting to hear back

Correct for the address has to be updated first like you said

hi @milric1 you can receive regular text from friends?? if you can , you will be able to recieve the porting authorization text from PM.

if you still cannot,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

milric1

It's in my phone and I had it in the phone at the time. I've got it back in the phone, so that I could log into my PM account

@milric1   You need to have the PM sim still in the phone to get that text.  Did you by chance remove it?

milric1

Sadly, there's a text you have to accept to have your phone number transferred from provider to provider. Since, I can't receive it, I can't transfer the number.

Strange take a screenshot of it might have to show other provider if cs can't fix.

milric1

The information there is correct but for some odd reason the information on my bill is wrong

Got it, ok so they want to confirm the info.

Of you sign into My Account,  under Profile the address should be there. If you click on the pencil, are you able to update or correct it?

if not, I  guess wait for them to reply to your ticket. Could  be a few more hours before you hear back from them.

milric1

It errored out because of a non-matching address error. I'm assuming PM needs to fix my address, so that my phone number will be port-able.

milric1

It was today at 11:00am and the error was non-matching address. I know on my bill it doesn't have my city.

When did you attempt this? What was the error?

milric1

I did create a ticket as well, in case it needed that level of attention.

milric1

@ShawnC13- My account is still active.

@Sansan- I never received the text message for authorizing the new provider to port over my phone number.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

WHY you were not able to port out from PM?
What exactly did you do in order to accomplish that?

You have to initiate porting at another provider, keep PM SIM in your phone, reply Yes within 90 min.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Is your line still active as that is a requiement to be able to port it out

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.