cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad sim card

BessL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switching from koodoo to Public. Got my new sim card and tried to activate but no connection. Got a ticket for help and was contacted. The person reset on his end twice and told me all should be well but - no service. He then told me to put the sim card in a different phone to see if anything. I had to go to a telus store and the clerk put the sim card in his phone but - no connection and apparently the sim csrd was not showing up in his settings. I try to contact Public again but now I’m not hearing anything back. It was taking only minutes before to get a response but now it’s been almost 2 hours. I have no phone service.

What now? 
Could I just buy a new sim card and reset the number in my account? Would that work?

Suggestions? 
Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where did you get your pubicm sim from? reputable place? Order from pubicm? Amazon?

If it is not working and you properly activated your account and sim go to the source and demand replacement. You can easily switch sim through your pubicm account and new sim should start working right away (IF you opened account correctly).

@BessL 

esim is free for new activations on all accounts today. Even if you had to pay, they're only $5. Then when account is active and stabilized, message Customer Support and request credit to your account for the sim you had to buy originally. BTW...you haven't mentioned where you bought the original PM sim. If it is defective, I'd go after them for a new sim.

I know that it sucks to wait, but that's what I would recommend. Other people have been waiting longer.... 

However,  you gotta check if your phone is eSim compatible because if it's not then that's gonna be another issue if you purchase it and it's not.

BessL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the app and tried to activate. The support person says the account is fine and it should be working— but it’s not. The fact the SIM didn’t work on someone else’s phone either suggests the sim card is bad. The problem now is, I have no service and I’m no longer getting any response from customer service. 
I would just like them to give me a speedy solution. New sim card , switch to esim? Something…

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Since you've already submitted another ticket to let them know what you did, I would just continue to wait. They are extremely busy.  In the meantime, yeah, if they have cards at the shop you can go back to the store and purchase another one for the $10+ and then send agent another message letting them know asking for the credit.  Normally, there is no credit, but I cannot phantom why they would not credit you in this situation for the SIM card that you had to go purchase.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BessL 

did you download the free PM app and try to activate your new PM account ?

Need Help? Let's chat.