cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number from FIDO

shravya453
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have requested for transfer of my number. It’s been more than 5 hours still I did not get the signal I have restarted my mobile several times still no signal. Any troubleshooting steps that I can follow please help

6 REPLIES 6

@Velenosi 

sent!  Please check your Community inbox

Velenosi

Could I get the phone number for the porting team as well?

I am a new PM customer and I am having a similar issue.

I received the porting text from Fido, texted "YES", then got a text from PM saying:
"We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect ESN/MEID. Someone from our team will contact you shortly..."

However:
1) Nobody contacted me even after 5 hours.
2) My iphone now shows 2 active networks; one is PM eSIM, one is Fido physical SIM, BOTH of them are using the same phone number...
3) I can make outgoing calls from PM, use my 5G data, etc, but incoming calls are all being directed to my Fido line. I contacted Fido an hour after the port attempt and they said that they couldn't see anything on their end about the port, so that it maybe just hadn't been executed yet.
4) Nobody from PM is replying to my tickets that I've submitted.

I am now stuck with two active networks for the same phone number. I just wan't to chat or speak to a human!

shravya453

Yes I have replied

shravya453

Yes I have confirmed YES in Fido and got the approval message as well

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@shravya453 

you left your old Fido sim in the phone waiting for a confirmation text...Have to replied YES to that text yet ?

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @shravya453 
Did you reply YES to the message sent from Fido to confirm your transfer? There is a porting team phone number you can call to redo the process

I will send you the phone number in your mailbox.

Abheer_0-1700526990471.png

You can also contact a customer support agent using the link below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Make sure to monitor the envelope icon on the top right since that is where you will receive the response.

Need Help? Let's chat.