cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring My Family from a Virgin Family Account

RobKraneveldt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently switched from Virgin to Public Mobile.  Now I’m attempting to switch my girlfriend and her kids to Public Mobile but the three of them are in a Virgin Family Plan, but I can only transfer one at a time and I’m at the step where I need to give permission to cancel their old plan, but will that cancel the whole family plan?  I might have to do all 3 separately over a number of days do cant have the family plan deactivated, until I have all 3 transferred.  Any advice would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RobKraneveldt porting 1 account out of it shouldn't cancel all of them. 

But honest best to confirm with Virgin instead, it is something out of PM control. Also, of there is a Primary line out of the three, make sure that is the last to port out 

@RobKraneveldt wrote:

I recently switched from Virgin to Public Mobile.  Now I’m attempting to switch my girlfriend and her kids to Public Mobile but the three of them are in a Virgin Family Plan, but I can only transfer one at a time and I’m at the step where I need to give permission to cancel their old plan, but will that cancel the whole family plan?  I might have to do all 3 separately over a number of days do cant have the family plan deactivated, until I have all 3 transferred.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Porting a number out to another carrier does not close an account unless there is only one phone number on the account.  To port over from Virgin to Public, each phone number will need to be transferred into a separate Public Mobile account.

Need Help? Let's chat.