cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer unsuccessful, need help.

Capvid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Subscription done 48 hours ago.

Transfer has not happen, this is from a Roger’s Home phone (not cellular) to Public Mobile.  Therefore, cannot receive confirmation SMS.

Public Mobile’s eSim has been installed successfully on my phone.

You help is appreciated.

Ed

7 REPLIES 7

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I recently transferred a landline from bell and it took 5 days for them to call me. And 1 more day for the transfer to go through. They call to confirm since they can't do it through text. They will probably offer you a deal to stay as well.

@Capvid 

They are probably not 'used to' getting ports from landlines so their messaging is moreso for typical mobile service provider to mobile service provider transfers.

Either way, if the transfer is incomplete by end of day Monday, I'd be pursuing it.

Let us know when it's complete, please.   I'd be curious on the time-frames involved.

Capvid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply.   Looks like the answers from their website is different from the welcome e-mail I received.

direct quote, “

Hi ED,

Congratulations, your Public Mobile subscription is now active. It’s time for a different mobility experience.

Please note it may take up to 5 hours for us to transfer your number from your previous provider. Meanwhile, you will still be able to use data and make calls with a temporary number.”

had I known it would take days, I would not had presumed that something had gummed up.

Now I do, I’m not concerned…

‘thanks.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Capvid 

It has been said that ports from landlines can take up to a week, however realistically, it can be a few days.

below is a direct copy/paste from their get help articles:

While most transfers are completed within 1 hour, it could take up to 5 hours for your transfer to complete (or up to 3 business days for landline transfers). If your transfer does not complete within 5 hours, please contact a Customer Support Agent.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Capvid 

it is normal for taking longer to transfer from Rogers home phone, this could take as many as five business days

but I will send you a number to call the porting team,  they can confirm the porting status.  check your community inbox for the number

@Capvid wrote:

Subscription done 48 hours ago.

Transfer has not happen, this is from a Roger’s Home phone (not cellular) to Public Mobile.  Therefore, cannot receive confirmation SMS.

Public Mobile’s eSim has been installed successfully on my phone.

There may not be a need to do anytihng other than to wait a little longer.  Transfers from a VoIP service can take a few days.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Capvid 

Hey there. There is a number you can call to get this porting issue resolved. I will send you a private message to your mailbox in the top right corner of this page or click on this link to direct access. Just know, porting from landlines can take up to 1 week. Also, please contact Rogers and advise them you are porting your number to Public Mobile so they know. Always best to cover your bases.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Need Help? Let's chat.