cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number

Troispuces
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

my mom had a phone number for 40 years and now that she passed away, I’d like to get that phone number.  I call her provider Vidéotron and they say that I need to contact public mobile so they can ask videotron for that phone number.

Anyone knows how to do this?

7 REPLIES 7

Troispuces
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It seems that I can transfert following your instructions but only with a prepaid Koodo or Pc mobile

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You have to initiate phone number porting at PM side.

Yummy_0-1660163652135.png

BOTH account have to be active.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

I'm assuming since they opened this thread they would have that no? 

rmpollak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

You willl need a Public Community account if you do not already have one. You will then have a chat session with SIMon, follow the directions until you reach the point of requesting Porting the number. Then you must provide the old account information to Public and they will request Videotron to release the number and port it to the new SIM. You have 90 mins from the time Public request the number release on the old SIM, a text message will be sent to original SIM. Approve the release and you should be good to go.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Troispuces   Sorry for your loss

For the number porting, there is no need to contact CS Agent

Depends, if you are PM customer yet.  If you are, you will need to login to My Account and request Change phone number and then select to port your phone number

If you are not PM customer yet, you will have to get a new sim card from Telus or Koodo store.  Then you go online and activate yourself.  During the activation process, you can request porting of the number. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Troispuces , sorry for your loss.  I assume you wish to port your mother's number into a Public Mobile account?  This is the process for number porting.  You initiate the port from this end and need to acknowledge on the sending end.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Troispuces 

sorry for your loss my condolences

contact to support team by private message CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.