cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking details for sim card order.

Shina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I placed an order for sim cards for two yesterday.My delivery expectation was also calculated to be within two business days through Canada Post.I was informed that the tracking details will be sent by email to the email address that I added to the order but I still haven't received any detail and the couple are anxious to get their new lines.Its a first step for their job applications.They are new immigrants.I have received an order confirmation.I don't want to make a purchase of another set and then get these ones in my mail subsequently.How can I get my tracki
ng information please? I have an image of my new order confirmation attached.

ng information please? I have an image of my new order confirmation attached

Regards

Shina

edited by computergeek541: image removed

25 REPLIES 25

Shina

@darlicious I have the sims now. Thanks, and I appreciate it.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Shina 

Geez....sorry I guess I'm a day late playing catch up. Where are you located? I can see if I can help?

Shina

@CountyDownIeUk I have ordered mine since the 22nd of November and it still hasn't arrived.

@CountyDownIeUk   Apologies for tagging you, for some reason I thought you might have spare SIMs that OP needed to activate quickly, but obviously, you don't if you're still ordering more.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I just ordered 2 and am never given any tracking.... and the PM receipt says 5-10 business days. Usually is 5. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shina    They might just respond in this thread if they login as they've now been tagged.  Anyway, good luck.

Shina

@dabr, thank you so much. I will send each of them a private message soon.

Shina

@bluejaywpg Thank you so much for trying to assist. I am so sorry I am just seeing and also comprehending your feedback.

I have visited three different stores around my location and the response that I received from the three of them is that Public Mobile sim cards can only be bought online. I only have today to resolve this or else the two potential referrals will choose a different network.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shina  Sorry, unfortunately once the SIM has been activated and then deactivated through non payment after 90 days of suspension,  then it cannot be reused again. 

There are some customers who have spare SIMs and you might be able to work something out with them if you're unable to purchase SIMs quicker, maybe @Luddite or @CountyDownIeUk  maybe able to help or offer further suggestions.  edit:  I should add if they happen to login to community today, but, hopefully, darlicious will be able to help you soon.

Shina

@darlicious 

Will you be able to assist me please? My sim cards have still not been delivered. I have been checking my mail everyday and those I intend to refer can no longer wait so it seems they are about to choose another mobile network by tomorrow if these sim cards fail to be delivered to my mail box today.

Shina

@dabr Thank you so much. So I have visited three different stores around my location and the response that I received from the three of them is that Public Mobile sim cards can only be bought online.

I think that sim card actually got activated. Is it possible to change the name of its owner please?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Shina    As long as the SIM card never got activated, then you should definitely be able to use it to activate a new account.

As for getting SIM cards before tomorrow, do you have an official Telus/Koodo store close by as some sell PM SIMs, however, call ahead first as not all carry PM SIM cards.

FYI:  Try using @key on your keyboard and you'll get a list of users in this conversation and then click the one you are wanting to respond to, however, I'll tag @darlicious  for you as well.

Shina

Hello Darlicious,

Will you be able to assist me please? My sim cards have still not been delivered. I have been checking my mail everyday and those I intend to refer can no longer wait so it seems they are about to choose another mobile network by tomorrow if these sim cards fail to be delivered to my mail box today.

I also have a sim card in my possession. I just remembered that I bought this one sometime ago this year when my wife tried to port from Koodo, although she never completed the process because of some bottlenecks. I am wondering if this sim card in my possession is still valid?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

I've managed to get some good word of mouth going around that I have Sim cards and can activate people. I in turn keep my referrals up to date on promos and bonus referral credits and it's producing  on average a referral every two months (one a month but I split referrals with my referrals....they find them and I activate them.) Having no retail activations or easily accessible Sim cards has definitely improved my referral statistics....so much so I have to decide which normally suspended account I will need to start referring from since all 3 of our main accounts are now free. "If you build it they will come...."

Sticking a little card or poster on the bulletin board at your local grocery store, community centre or library saying you can do activations, have Sim cards and can answer questions may be enough to start getting a referral here or there. Interested parties can email or text contact info for promos or bonus referral credits and eventually they will come calling....plant the seed.

This used to be my best time of year for referrals with stackable promos thru CCS. The "More is Merrier" campaign generates interest having Sim cards on hand near the end of the month for customers who can't get a Sim card in time allows for you to step to save the day. If it's here or certain other sites then you must watch your public P's and Q's in regards to referrals and solicitation and the community' terms of service. I will send you a site I am interested in joining that may interest you?

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious does that actually ever happen? It sounds like such a specific situation LOL. I mean, I love helping people out, & perhaps being able to share my referral code as part of the payback, but...

I do wonder if for example posting about it & saying that I can provide & help install the SIM card & get one set up online etc. - would that get any attention? I've talked in the past on Facebook about how easy it is to save money in certain ways, but never really get any interest. Some people don't seem to care I guess.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

Lol....bit it's purchasing and having on hand the 2/$10 Sim cards from pm at a half hour before midnight when a promo is about to expire and an SOS is sent out to acquire a $10 Sim card to activate.....and they gratefully thank you for being their hero by asking for 6 more digits from you?!!🤔🤪😉🤑🤫

No networking needed just your superman cape and an eye on the sky for the bat signal!🦇

bluejaywpg

@darlicious no I don't have your networking skills so it would be pointless for me LOL. Plus, I can just go drive to a local store & pick up a card during business hours to help someone out if ever the opportunity arises.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

Well I did kind of pick your name out of air as the only one I could think of that lives in Winnipeg? But you are obviously not a member that keeps a few 2/$10 Sim cards in a drawer for emergencies who if it was convenient could help out another in need of Sim card and agree to accept a replacement, trade, cash, six pack, banana bread etc....in exchange for your kindness. They might even want to be your friend that you share things with....?😉😁🤔

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

No tracking. Expect 5 business days. 

bluejaywpg

@darlicious wrote:

@Shina 

Maybe there's a community member like @bluejaywpg  that can help you out with a couple of Sim cards that you will replace when they arrive? (With a refundable deposit?) Otherwise expect your Sim cards to arrive in 5 business days via Canada Post. It could be less depending on the location of the fulfillment centre that supplies Winnipeg customers.

@darlicious I am not understanding what this entails if I did participate in this. Unless you mean I buy them 2 SIM cards, then when they receive the 2 in the mail, they return those 2 back to the retail store that the other 2 came from?

And I assume she revealed her location to be Winnipeg before the pic was removed?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Shina 

Maybe there's a community member like @bluejaywpg  that can help you out with a couple of Sim cards that you will replace when they arrive? (With a refundable deposit?) Otherwise expect your Sim cards to arrive in 5 business days via Canada Post. It could be less depending on the location of the fulfillment centre that supplies Winnipeg customers.

@Shina wrote:

Thank you so much for this assistance and the privacy protection information.

I realize that it doesn't specify your exact address, but there's really no reason for anyone here to have that infromation even if the location that is pinned on the map can only be approximated. I would suggest also deleted the picture from your Community account profile as I cannot do that for you.

Shina

Thank you so much for this assistance and the privacy protection information.

Regards

Shina

Please do not provide pictures that show where you live.  As for tracking numbers, there usually are no tracking numbers sent for SIM card orders. They're usually sent as a letter.  Delivery within 2 business days is unlikely.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Shina  2 day shipping??? Not here.. 

Need Help? Let's chat.