cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throttled Data After Plan Used

shahestates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does Public mobile provide throttled data after using up the monthly data in the plan ? I know other carriers like Freedom, Chatr etc do give very slow data for checking emails etc.

4 REPLIES 4

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shahestates If unlimited data is a must, I'd recommend Lucky, based on previous experience, it's usable but don't expect any video content. Web browsing, streaming Spotify on low,  maps, IM will work but anything above that, wait for wifi. Data speeds are 128 Kbps over LTE after you use up you 3G high speed data bucket.

However, while Public doesn't offer Unlimited data, it makes up for it in rewards, freebies on a occasion, and you can buy data that rolls over until you use it up.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates wrote:

Does Public mobile provide throttled data after using up the monthly data in the plan ? I know other carriers like Freedom, Chatr etc do give very slow data for checking emails etc.

@shahestates    As mentioned no throttled data here but the add-on data, whilst a little expensive at $15/1GB, can be very handy for the times you run out of your plan data before renewal as it doesn't expire and any unused portions from it will roll over every cycle until depleted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shahestates 

No, the don't have that plan data,

but you can Purchase Add-Ons Through Self Serve

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

or upgrade your plan,

and also Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here to save your data.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@shahestates wrote:

No.

Need Help? Let's chat.