cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Community's Public Mobile Wishlist

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

We all have our wants and needs that we expect from public mobile and from time to time they make an announcement and ask for our imput. It then gets buried in the announcement board until the next time they make an announcement. Thanks to @gancanny posting his question today i thought that having a running thread of members wishes for their service maybe pm's @Alan_K and @Catherine_T can check in on it every once in awhile and see what wishes are actually feasible and cost effective and implement them. You never know your wish may come true! I know under @Tiana_V  time at public mobile ive had a couple of my wishes come true!

A few suggestions when posting your wish.......

1. Avoid repetitive wishes if its already been posted or elaborate on it. How can it be implemented? Cost savings? Examples of it in other platforms?
  2. Bravo the suggestions you agree with or think are practical or useful for the many.
  3. Keep your wish in the realm of possibilities.....weve all heard those who want unlimited data throttled to 128kbps but that just isnt going to happen here anytime soon......

Go ahead throw your penny in the fountain......and happy wishing! Maybe yours will come true...

129 REPLIES 129

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TP626 

Lol....it looks like you got most of your wishes a month after your post. 

More wishes fulfilled in the past 8 months but unfortunately we now have new wishes for stuff we used to be able to do but can longer with the new self serve accounts. It's like Jerry Seinfeld being Even Steven......with every wish fulfilled creates a new wish for a functionality to be returned.

Off the top of my head....

1. The whole caching issue with self serve.
  2. The ability to remove your credit card.
  3. Activate with a voucher.
  4. Non-automatic autopay.
  5. Return of stand alone US Roaming options.....and more choice!
  6. Public Mobile autonomy from telus....lol...like that will ever happen now!!
  7. VoLTE
  8. Fix the upgrade/downgrade autopay glitches.
  9. Make the ability to purchase Sim cards more widely available because that whole move was extremely short-sighted and just plain dumb!!
  10. @Pawprints1986 you can add yours, mine and everyone's pet peeve with payments as #10.

**Bonus at least a 48 hour cooling off period to revert to $$ rewards after you realize the gigantic mistake you made to join Public Points.....complete wishful thinking on this one but hey it can't hurt to be said out loud?!! 😃

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@TP626 

I should take my own cat's advice.....this has been my mistake all along!

I wish Public Mobile and the newest evil overlord on the block telus would revoke the outrageous 30% rate hike on the $10 50/50 plan and reduce the current Code breaching price of $13 by the $3 rate hike back to the appropriately priced $10. While I'm at it I might as well wish that this decision to invoke the 30% rate hike becomes Darren Entwistle's "King Midas" moment.

@dust2dust 

You too!

TP626
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had made a fresh post of this elsewhere as I didn't know about this thread - re-posting here to have this all in one place ...

As things stand now, the ability to check the detailed usage of your plan is very primitive. It is better than nothing but it could be made so much more useful. I have a few "simple" suggestions for enhancement:

(1) Add another time period to the "7 day" / "30 day" drop down so that you can get the usage since your last payment (i.e. the start of the 30-day plan payment period.) Without this option, one has to check the billing history to find the most recent payment and then use the custom date range in the Usage History to find the items since that payment. The user shouldn't have to do this extra work.

(2) Add some very simple filtering options. For example, since the popular $15 plan only includes 100 minutes of outgoing calls, many people are likely more concerned with "Outgoing Call" usage entries. Another filtering option might be "only include entries which count against my plan limits" (e.g. only data usage and outgoing calls for the $15 plan and only data usage for the $25 unlimited talk plan.)

(3) Add a column in the usage details table to indicate which entries count against the limits of the user's plan (sort of an alternative to the second example of entry filtering in suggestion (2) above.

(4) Add an option to download all of the entries (rather than just viewing 15 entries at a time) in some format - Comma-separated values, tab-separated values, XLS/XLSX format. This would allow for for more advance filtering on the user's computer (e.g. using Excel or the like.)

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

New Wish:  Public Mobile to allow using points to buy phones

This may encourage existing members to work harder to peddle points . . . . 😂

@darlicious wrote:

@LeePublic 

Just switch to the 3G network where the download speed averages 12mbps.

In some places it's 12mbps. It can theoretically achieve up to 42.2mbps (or more?) - though I've never seen it speedtest faster than about 18mbps in my area.

In other places it's slower than 3mbps. Sometimes much slower. Or essentially not available at all, in practice, since it won't consistently sustain fast enough connections to prevent timeouts.

But "3G Speed" over LTE has much lower latency. Which means that if you're searching, browsing, checking the internet, surfing social media, or doing email then it'll be faster. Raw download speeds aren't as important when fetching pages, they'll make a difference when doing raw downloads - things like file transfers, high-density video streaming, etc.

@darlicious wrote:

@Nezgar 

Lol...another wish comes true and it didn't cost $5!🤣🤣🤣

Funny you tagged me... I was actually thinking of replying earlier with the exact same suggestion about the unthrottled "real 3G" speed... But I deleted the notification earlier in too much haste hehe.

@Nezgar 

Lol...another wish comes true and it didn't cost $5!🤣🤣🤣

@LeePublic 

Just switch to the 3G network where the download speed averages 12mbps.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It would be nice if PM offered a $5 add-on for increased data speeds up to 10-20 Mbps for those who may be unsure about the 3G speeds or wants faster download speeds.

Or just increase the speeds to 10 Mbps and charge the same.

@maximum_gato 

Well done Max! My latest count is 6 wishes coming true.....the last being the $60/15.5gb plan.

Still no app, downloadable 30 day invoices, a permanent $30/2gb plan or the option for 4G LTE data but hey pm ain't doin' such a bad job about 50/50 so far.....they can still pull off a super duper boxing week promo to go with their third annual "More is Merrier" campaign.

@J_PM 

Nice job so far after filling Catherine's shoes....👠👠😁

winston11

Well wishing for another 500mb with $25 plan

@t_p 

Maybe what we need to see would be something along the lines of...

1. $15/250mb+250mb autopay bonus=500mb
  2. $25/1gb+500mb autopay bonus=1.5gb
  3. $30/2gb+500mb autopay bonus=2.5gb
  4. $35/3.5gb+500mb autopay bonus=4gb
  5. $40/5.5gb+500mb autopay bonus=6gb
  6. $50/10gb+500mb autopay bonus=10.5gb
  7. $60/15gb+500mb autopay bonus=15.5gb

@LeePublic wrote:

I know this is a old thread, but I was wondering if PM could bake the frequent bonus 2 GB promo permanently into current plans. and intro a $30 3 GB plan. Possibly bump the $15 plan to 400 MB and bump up the $25 up to 1.5 GB.

Why 400? 

500 MB sound much **bleep**ier!

edit: darn...they bleeped me!☠️

@Nezgar 

I disagree....talking about or "wishing" for something to happen can spur pm into making it happen. As is evidenced by a few of the wishes on this list actually coming true. The more customers voice their opinion and provide feedback to pm the more likely pm will listen to its customer base and implement the change especially if it's feasible and cost effective.

I am sure @maximum_gato  agrees with this...lol...and is the reason they started this thread to begin with😃!

@LeePublic Of course Public Mobile can do whatever they want. All we can do is talk about theoretical future(s)... Not a lot of value to talk about until after things actually happen.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know this is a old thread, but I was wondering if PM could bake the frequent bonus 2 GB promo permanently into current plans. and intro a $30 3 GB plan. Possibly bump the $15 plan to 400 MB and bump up the $25 up to 1.5 GB.

@darlicious wrote:

Excellent idea! I actually think it might be acceptable to put it in the community section depending on the nature of the content. ( Like yourself..."Nezgar's Voicemail Directory") I did it already with the "Voucher Catalogue" for others to contribute to but never thought of a personal one.....

Right, forgot about the voucher catalogue - thats an even better example, you're doing it already. 😉 Yes, community would be a great place - I keep forgetting about that section - its buried so far down in the list!

@Nezgar 

Excellent idea! I actually think it might be acceptable to put it in the community section depending on the nature of the content. ( Like yourself..."Nezgar's Voicemail Directory") I did it already with the "Voucher Catalogue" for others to contribute to but never thought of a personal one.....

Thanks @maximum_gato  the wishlist really works! I would bravo you but thats a no no for me so i'll place some snax and some fresh catnip on your resting place as a thx....until marcus and minty sniff it out!

@darlicious wrote:

I wish there was a way other than tagging that you could set up a directory of important posts either just your own or others

I've taken to having a little "cheat sheet" of notes & links to posts of mine and others on my desktop computer for quick reference, clicking/copying/pasting from... Which of course isn't too much help when just on the phone but it's something...

Another idea I've considered is to make a post to a new topic something along the lines of "Darlicious's Favourite Posts" where you can constantly reference and edit your initial post full of links mostly for your own use, but of course others would be free to comment with their suggestions too. 🙂 The lounge is probably a good place for a post like that. This is a good example of such a post from @Luddite :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Bugs-quirks/m-p/545887#M42286

I've wished for a community directory.....I know its been suggested to add them as friends in my profile but that would require a very long list for my purposes And would there be a limit to how many friends you could have? Can you organize them? Alphabetically?

Secondly I wish there was a way other than tagging that you could set up a directory of important posts either just your own or others (but thats asking too much......tagging helps accomplish this.) This way you could pull the informative posts like @Nezgar s voicemail posts and go to their profile to see their saved "favourites" or some other named "album" of posts. Rather than trying to search for them or remember what you tagged them with....

shinichi77

What people want is data, I think. With data you can call & test, and a lot of other things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shinichi77 wrote:

Or perhaps PM can offer plan extension. For example, when the 30 day plan is expiring they could offer 1 day extension for $5 or something. The point is that people wouldn't want to pay the full amount when they only need to extend a couple days.

One could actually get by with no cell service at all.

Wifi = cell data

TextNow (eg) can text in and out with a "local" number = texting

TextNow can call in and out with a "local" number = calling

It just needs an internet connection.

shinichi77

Or perhaps PM can offer plan extension. For example, when the 30 day plan is expiring they could offer 1 day extension for $5 or something. The point is that people wouldn't want to pay the full amount when they only need to extend a couple days.

shinichi77

@mimmo I know that. But I still suggest because otherwise it won't happen at all.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shinichi77 there used to be 7 day and 90 day plans, but they were removed a while back and I doubt they will be brought back .

shinichi77

I travel between my home country and Canada quite often and PM's prepaid plans work very well for me. Good thing, after my trip outside Canada, I can re-activate my SIM when I come back if it's within 90 days.

If there are some short-term plans such as 1 day / 3 days / 1 week plans, that would be even better.  

For example, my current plan will end on Nov 1 and am leaving Canada on Nov 2 for a couple months. In this case, just for 1.5 days I will have to pay the full amount for some plan or live without a plan. But if there are short-term plans I would buy for sure.

@oldhoncho wrote:
have multiple SIM cards activated under same account

Fix any glitches first before making any adds.  Although you can see that the account field can be toggled for other accounts as it does on Telus prepaid. But the issue might be the linking of email address in My Account login to the email address used to receive Community rewards. One way around that is to use your account number to link to the Community rewards.  The latter would eliminate another problem too. 

oldhoncho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
have multiple SIM cards activated under same account

@maximum_gato

Do you have any answers to what just got deleted here? Would anyone care to explain?

@gpixel wrote:

@Korth apparently public is supposed to have some "super" promo plans coming soon. and black Friday, cyber monday and Christmas freebies?/promos

Anybody who knows anything wouldn't be allowed to say. As for it being "super", Public Mobile's promotions haven't been great lately. Public Mobile also doesn't usually participate that much in such type of online sale or holiday events.

Need Help? Let's chat.