cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts

BakerE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We have unlimited text and calling.  However, texts aren’t sending unless on wifi 

13 REPLIES 13

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BakerE - yes your son should have unlimited texting.

iMessage can use data, and you are out of data for your current cycle be sure to have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your son's device.

1. From a Home screen on your Apple® iPhone®, navigate: Settings. Messages. . ...
  2. Tap the. Send as SMS switch. to turn on or off . When enabled and iMessage is unavailable, messages are sent as SMS.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BakerE wrote:

My son has used up all of his data.  However, our plan is unlimited texts so shouldn’t he still be able to receive texts?

To send/receive PLAIN SMS you need mobile phone Plan and NOTHING else. And use native texting app which came with your phone, OS.

Do NOT use proprietary apps (like apple and other crap) and SMS will work like a charm.

If you are sending/receiving pictures which is considered MMS then you have to have DATA set to On. It will NOT use your data allowance but it has to be enabled EVEN though you do not have data available.

Native SMS has nothing to do with WiFi.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BakerE wrote:

How do you do that?

Do NOT solution your own answer!

@BakerE 

here your solution for SMS without wifi,to used  tried this >>  Deregister

@BakerE 

are you use text SMS or MMS..?

text SMS no need data on

MMS need turn data mobile on to you receive it or sending.

BakerE

My son has used up all of his data.  However, our plan is unlimited texts so shouldn’t he still be able to receive texts?

LegusY
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah I think some phones cannot receive messages unless data mode is turned on, even if its not imessage, I believe once you keep your data mode on, you should be able to receive texts.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BakerE    Not sure if this is your issue, but perhaps take a look at this suggestion from @Luddite:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/15-Plan-Unlimited-Text-Messaging-Included...

BakerE

If I turn off iMessage I’m able to send texts but not receive them.

BakerE

How do you do that?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What kind of phone do you have? What app do you use for SMS?

SMS has nothing to do with WiFi unless it is some kind of 3rd party SMS app.

Native SMS app works with regular cellular network and only thing you have to have is active Plan.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@BakerE 

if you use MMS you need to turn data mobile on.

Need Help? Let's chat.