cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting issues

don11521
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Before a text will come in and after sending a text i receive this pop up "Currently unable to send your message. It will be sent when service becomes available"

I have also noticed an increase in my battery usage since switching to public mobile. 

Its not due to location i receive this on all text different location 

9 REPLIES 9

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

try Clear data on your messaging app (but this will also clear all your earlier texts, so back them up before doing so)

Another fix is to use Google Message and use it as the default text app

don11521

Android just with sending and receiving texts they still come through but i get the pop up saying unable to send then a few seconds later then come through 

Terryscell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Battery usage, is it possible the phone is "searching" for your old supplier? I have seen that apparently use up battery power. Toggle it off, if it's still showing on the phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@don11521 

in settings, disable Wifi Assist. Also disable data to apps that you don't use on a regular basis.

ed

try using 4g/LTE instead of 5G.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Subscribing to PM will NOT increase your battery consumption...

How long do you experience this issue? How long have you been PM customer? How about other services - calls/data? What kind of SIM do you have? Physical or eSIM?
SMS works as expected, no issues with MY service and phone.

slusagm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

iPhone or Android?

other than text problem,  voice calls and data work?

don11521

I have not due to it being an esim. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @don11521 

First, let's start with battery power. That has nothing to do with who your cell provider is. There is an app in the back ground running that's using your battery power. Plain and simple.

With regards to your texting issues, try to reboot your phone. If that doesn't work, try resetting your networks. If you're still having issues with texting, you can request a CS Agent to do a network reset on their end.

To submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

Type Customer Service and follow the prompts. If you are having any issues, here is a direct link by sending a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@don11521 I don't think we have seen this before or at least with increased battery consumption. Are you able to try your SIM in another phone? How long have you been experiencing this?

Need Help? Let's chat.