cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text from PM related to complaints

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey y'll

Got this text from PM, a while back today, also thought of asking you guys about it 

Public Mobile here. Unresolved complaint about telecom or residential TV service? CCTS may be able to help. 1-888-221-1687 or www.ccts-cprst.ca. To learn more about your rights as a wireless consumer and to view the consumer checklist, visit https://www.publicmobile.ca/privacy-legal. Free msg.

Did you guys get it too? 

8 REPLIES 8

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I too got this. Do not delete it. Some say ignore it, I say keep it. It's good to have it on hand in case you have any serious issues with Public Mobile. With that being said, this is such a hardcore community of knowledge that most problems can be solved by asking here. Worse case, if it's something that can't be fixed here, CS Agents are there to help. So are their supervisors if you need to escalate it that far. What I'm saying is there are so many avenues to use before going to the CCTS. 

@Priority  "the $29 • 10GB Black Friday Plan no one could get"  

You can still get it - if you're a new activation in Quebec.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*Unresolved Complaints* cough cough the $29 • 10GB Black Friday Plan no one could get and CSA would not acknowledge!!! 😡😡

I also got it as well, yes.

Mobile service providers are required, by legislation, to provide this information to their subscribers on a regular basis.

Notice they say "unresolved complaints"

The expectation with most regulatory (or quasi-judicial) bodies which receive complaints against the companies they regulate is that the consumer shall attempt resolution with the company before contacting the regulator.

While this may not be strictly stipulated, it's strongly encouraged to get a better outcome.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Regulatory requirement

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/about-ccts/participating-service-providers/compliance-monitoring/

DennyCrane_0-1701900962387.png

Because PM is prepaid and we don't get a bill per se, they send the notice via text.

@Sansan  I think they just send it to inform people of their rights as wireless consumer I never lodged  a complaint and I e gotten it too . because  1 don’t complain 2 because no one listens and 3 the ones that do listen don’t care anywyas 🙂

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I would assume that this is a generic message that they sent to you because you filed a complaint about something.  If you didn't file a complaint,  you shouldn't have received it. 

If you did, then they are just telling you about your options. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023  Yes I’ve gotten  this message from PM before . I just ignore iit .

Need Help? Let's chat.