cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text, call and data working but top bar of iPhone is indicating "NO SIM" and no bars

biggestmac17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got back from a trip where I was using another esim. I deleted that esim and turned on my Public Mobile esim. My texting, calling and data seem to be working fine but the top bar of my phone is showing no bars and saying "NO SIM". This has also seemed to mess with my iMessage and FaceTime, as my phone number doesn't seem to be connected anymore. 

I have tried resetting all networks and restarting my phone but it's still saying NO SIM. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

@biggestmac17 

click on that delete esim and it will show you Cellular Plan no longer available and should have an option to "update contacts", click on that and the deleted esim should disappear after

for the phone number, go to Settings --> Phone, and click Edit on My Number to update the phone number, it should resolve the problem

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@biggestmac17 

You can try to open the public mobile app and buy a new eSIM, it should be free, sometime it fixes No SIM problem, if it doesn’t fix this issue, you may need to contact support 

Once our fix the No SIM issue, you will be able to fix iMessages and FaceTime issues.

HI @biggestmac17 

please try to clear the phone number on iMessage settings, and reboot and add it back

also, check if any iOS update , update it and that usually will clear up things like this

also, check Carrier Profile.  You might need an Carrier Profile update

sorry meant to say imessage and facetime are NOT recognizing the phone number

biggestmac17

yes the esim is working but just weird how it's saying NO SIM and imessage and facetime are recognizing the phone number. 

yes for iMessage I tried that and it didn't workno sim.png

HI @biggestmac17 

both data and voice calls working? then your PM esim is working

for iMessage, did you try to what I said, remove the phone number first, reboot and add it back after?

biggestmac17

Tried this. Still doesn't seem to be recognizing my phone number. 

biggestmac17

I deleted the traval esim yesterday but it still shows up. If i click on it, nothing happens. 

And yes my data is working. 

No VPNs

HI @biggestmac17 

your travel esim still there (the one with the 33 phone number) click on it and delete it

and your data works?

and you checked the VPN screen? delete any VPN profiles

Settings ->  General -> Scroll down and tap VPN & Device Management -> VPN

biggestmac17

Yes data is working. 

Can't seem to navigate to Network Selection. My Cellular menu has changed

image (1).pngimage.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@biggestmac17  Try turning off iMessage and turn off face time . Reboot the phone and turn on face time and iMessage and see if your number is check marked to send and receive in phone settings messages 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @biggestmac17 

data works?

make sure your PM esim is set to Primary

and at network selection, choose manual to select Public Mobile

Also, go to VPN screen and delete all VPN profiles

For iMessage, go to settings, remove the phone number, whatever it is there, then reboot the phone and go back and enter the phone number after the reboot

Need Help? Let's chat.