cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages

Al1231
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan does not include text messaging.  It used to be that whenever someone tried to send me a text message I would get a notice that some had attempted to send me a text.  I seems to me that I'm not getting those notices any longer.  Has Public Mobile stopped sending those notices?

13 REPLIES 13

@zack128 

Are you using Android or iPhone?

If Android, clear the messaging cache and try again

If issue persists, download Google Message and set it has the default messaging app and test with that to send and receive text

hi @zack128 

you can send without issue and just not receive?

try to reset all networks once

also, can you try your sim on another phone?

zack128
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I have same issue. I cannot receive text either. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Al1231     PM did stop sending out the heads up payment due texts earlier this year, so it's more than likely that your text alert is part of the new policy/strategy.

OTOH, you could make the $15 plan work as it includes unlimited incoming calls in addition to the 100 outgoing as well as the unlimited text in/out.  The outgoing calls can be supplemented with $5/500 minutes add-on that doesn't expire (unlike domestic data add-on) unless you really need unlimited calling. 

BTW, all the current plans have nationwide calling which would be another benefit of upgrading to one of the current offerings.

@Al1231 wrote:

I'm paying $14/month.  The current $15 plan does not have unlimited long distance.

It will be a compromise: if you have really old plan with unlimited Canada long distance but no SMS then you have to decide what is more important to you: long distance or SMS.

Every current plan has unlimited SMS in/out. $15 has only 100 outgoing Canada wide minutes.

If SMS is becoming important to you, switch to $15 plan and get one of free voip apps for free Canada long distance calls or keep buying LD add-ons.

Al1231

Thanks.

Al1231

I'm paying $14/month.  The current $15 plan does not have unlimited long distance.

@Al1231 

possible they stop sending it.

I will try to confirm and get back to you 

Al1231

I got my plan in 2018.  I can only receive texts from Public Mobile and emergency alerts.  Otherwise I cannot send or receive texts.  When someone attempted to send me a text I would get a message from PM saying that someone tried to send a text and if I wanted to receive texts I would have to change my plan.  I seem to no longer get those messages.  I just wanted to confirm that PM no longer sends those messages.

@Al1231 how much you are paying?? how about change to the current $15 plan??

Al1231

Unlimited Provincial Talk (Ontario); I believe that plan is no longer available but has been grandfathered.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Al1231 are you on one of those really old plan with limited sms ?

how the PM text look like?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Why wouldn't your plan include text messages? What plan do to have?

Need Help? Let's chat.