cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Scott_G17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was helping my son upgrade his public mobile subscription, but was actually on my account when I switched to the plan he wanted.  I've been charged $134.40 for this upgrade to my account but only wanted for my son's account.  We have correctly updated his account, but want to know if I can be refunded $134.40 charged to my account?  Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

HI @Boomzy27 

PM does not have live support centre to call, but you still "talk" to human.  You just need to submit ticket with CS agent by message

If same, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And what you meant by same issue? can you explain?

if you have multiple account, always better to using Incognito/Private/Secret mode on your browser to login

Boomzy27

How do I TALK TO A HUMAN LOL

Boomzy27

Hey I'm having the exact same issue...I didn't understand the prices lol...what was the link you used to TALK to a person,

Nice result. Yeah that money can just be used for the next renewal (or two?) Or add-ons if you like.

Scott_G17

This was an immediate plan change on my account then flipped back to what I had before.  I did talk with an agent using the link provided by dust2dust and mojorising.  Agent was able to give me a credit to my account.  No refund but basically an in store credit to be used for future purchases.  

So you did a mistaken immediate plan change on your account and then an immediate change to a something else. Was that a new plan or back to what you had?
Then you did an immediate plan change on your sons account and all is well.

It's that piece on your account and the mistake difference that I think is reasonable to be credited.

While I completely agree, @dust2dust , I also know that staff at some mobile providers will use the old excuse “plan no longer selectable“

I say that only because it happened to me at Bell years ago.

Which prompted me to say sayonara to Bell.

I am pretty sure in this case the OP likely still has availability to the desired plan and surely the CSA staff will credit back the difference.

Scott_G17

This was a change on immediate basis as my son had run out of data.  I've submitted a Message to CS Agent via one of he links below.  Just waiting to hear back.  Once I have more info, I will update the thread.  Thanks for all of the input.

@HALIMACS- I think in all cases that it would be reasonable for support to credit back any difference whether back to previous or a new plan from the mistaken plan.

Every time you switch plans 'NOW' - you will be charged and there will be no excuses to get refund.

Good luck talking to agent but do not expect them to refund you money for multiple immediate plan switches.

Let us know if you succeed to get your money back... It will be good to know in order to advise other customers what to do in similar situation.

Just to be certain here – are you selecting the change on an immediate basis or on the next renewal?

You really should be considering the change on the next renewal, otherwise you forfeit your complete cycle up to now, and there are no refunds or prorations here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yikes @Scott_G17 

make certain to let the customer support agents know about the incorrect account being selected for the self-serve site.

Surely an understanding customer support agent will reverse the charge (it’s possible, they may only agree to place the funds in your available funds balance – be prepared for that) and place you back on the plan you were on prior to the change.

The only caveat here might be if that plan is still available and in the current offerings.

Best of luck, and please let us know what they agreed to do, if you would.

Scott_G17

I've switched my account back to the plan I wanted, we did this all online (old school computer).  Just want to get money back for the whoops.  I will try the link you provided.  Thanks

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Message a CS Agent at the link below to see what they can do for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep checking your Community inbox envelope icon on top right after the ticket is submitted. CS Agent will reply to you there.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So now your account has that new plan? Did you do all this in the app?
Support should be able to help for this mistake of the system or you.

Need Help? Let's chat.