cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service, should not have switched providers

Druxilla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm very disappointed with Public Mobile. I just switched over from Koodo and the add on I purchased last week in the US for talk and text did not work.   I had no data or voice calling capabilities and had to find a different app to use.  I was unable to submit a ticket on that day and kept getting an error message.  I went in circles with their customer chat and was not able to submit a private message until two days later to ask for a refund.  It took 8 days for them to respond and say that they applied the WRONG add on and that refunds are not permitted.  If I had been able to contact someone properly 8 days ago the add on could have been corrected.  Regretting my decision to leave Koodo.

7 REPLIES 7

@Druxilla 

they do sell products that work.

They also sell products that take a little bit of know-how and understanding; like others said before, this service is not for everyone.

What tends to happen around here (more often than not) is users don’t take the time to ensure their devices are either compatible with the US networks, or have the correct settings enabled in their devices to access such networks.

That’s not on Public Mobile, or any mobile provider, to ensure.

Is it a hassle, yes unfortunately, however Public Mobile customer support agents are very flexible with US add-on issues if one asks nicely to credit the amount of a purchase back to their account.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Yea that sucks....sorry hear that. I guess you have to decide if you want to remain here or port back.

Just know that if you port back before the 30 is over you will lose your funds,. So best to wait until around day 28 or so. Allowing a day or 2 before 30 days incase it doesn't work again.

@Druxilla   I'm a bit confused, you said you bought a talk and text US add-on but data didn't work.  So you didn't choose the talk, text and data add-on?   Yes people do complain that US add-ons don't work but it seems more often than not it is because they didn't know there is no 3G service in the USA any more and they don't have a phone that is capable or enabled for VoLTE.  If you don't have a VoLTE phone then you have to be able to connect to T-Mobile's 2G network which can be a bit hit and miss.   This would apply to any Canadian carrier's roaming options.  There are other problems related to settings that we can help with if people post here when they first encounter a problem.   

Druxilla
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having looked through many messages on the community board, it seems to be a common issue that the add ons do not work properly.   They shouldn't sell products that don't work.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Druxilla 

If you were not able to get a refund, ask for a credit to your account which is much easier to get.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Druxilla 

you are the one who purchased the US Roaming add-on. If you successfully bought the correct add-on, you woulda had no problems. You can always return to Kodoo or wherever else you like.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Druxilla 

PM mobile support is different, it's fully online

for support ticket, if you have used the Chatbot, it could be the reason, it is not working very well

but you can using messging instead, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.