cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Koodo from PM - Beware

dvolsche
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently received an off from Koodo to switch my $40 4.5G Public Mobile plan to a $40 - 8GB plan, plus $180 in bill credits. Given that I would get twice the data and essentially a new phone, I thought, why not. Both are technically Telus, and I've been nothing but happy with my PM service. So I bit the bullet, given that it was close to the end of the month, and you have to keep your number active I switched to a cheap $10 dollar plan. With my loyalty rewards, it ended up being $7 bucks, charged directly to my credit card.....business as usual.... but no, turns out it was the worst mistake of my life. PM suspended my account citing insufficient funds. I tried switching to different plans, each time topping up my account. Its been 6 Days now and my account is still suspended. 

Finally got my Koodo phone in the mail today.... but given the suspension, I can't port my number, plus now I have to wait on Koodo to reset my account, due to something on their end. Great job peeps. You've managed to destroy any credibility you've managed to build up over the last couple years in my book.

11 REPLIES 11

@dvolsche wrote:

In all fairness I must give PM their due – Its been a great service up to this point. Koodo just came through on their end… now I’m just waiting for PM.

Public Mobile is still great.  Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile is one family. 

dvolsche

In all fairness I must give PM their due – Its been a great service up to this point. Koodo just came through on their end… now I’m just waiting for PM.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman just do a an immideate plan change the day before renewal. That is the manual way around the issue.

@Dunkman wrote:

@will13am

Is there anyway around this glitch in the system?  Change plan immediately versus at renewal date?  Or have enough funds in your account manually to cover the original plan cost versus lower plan cost?  Such a fundamental part of a self service online system.  Really needs to be fixed....

@dvolsche

That is frustrating for you.  It looks like you did everything right, but the system failed you.  Unfortunately, only the moderators can help to re-activate your account.  Hopefully, you have Private messaged a moderator already.... typicall waittimes 1-2 days for response though....

dvolsche

That "glitch" resulted in me never trusting PM ever again, with the roll over effect of me rescinding all my previous raving reviews of PM.  

dvolsche

Payment History.PNG

@Dunkman wrote:

@will13am

Is there anyway around this glitch in the system?  Change plan immediately versus at renewal date?  Or have enough funds in your account manually to cover the original plan cost versus lower plan cost?  Such a fundamental part of a self service online system.  Really needs to be fixed....

There are a lot of fundamental issues that go unresolved week after week.  Is this glitch more important or password reset.  I say fix them all.  If you need to prioritize fixes to mission critical problems, that says you are not serious about fixing the problems, it is a mere part time filler when you have the time and the mood to get around to it.

To get around this issue, I suppose the customer could put the full fare into the meter and the system will renew the account.  The point of downgrading the plan is to pay less not the same.  Extra funds are stranded when the account closes. 

@will13am

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dvolsche, these self serve glitches doesn't lend much credibility to this service.  Unfortunately, downgrading a plan causes major renewal problems as one part of the software thinks you should pay an amount equivalent to the original plan and another part of the software thinks the cheaper plan fee is all that is required.  Due to disagreement, renewal fails on apparent insufficient funds.  The one thing I don't understand is how problems at this end affect the Koodo end.  Ordering a line there is through a totally separate process.  Even if the porting can't be completed from here due to account suspension, much of what should happen at Koodo can still go through.  The only effect is a delayed port. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@dvolsche wrote:

I recently received an off from Koodo to switch my $40 4.5G Public Mobile plan to a $40 - 8GB plan, plus $180 in bill credits. Given that I would get twice the data and essentially a new phone, I thought, why not. Both are technically Telus, and I've been nothing but happy with my PM service. So I bit the bullet, given that it was close to the end of the month, and you have to keep your number active I switched to a cheap $10 dollar plan. With my loyalty rewards, it ended up being $7 bucks, charged directly to my credit card.....business as usual.... but no, turns out it was the worst mistake of my life. PM suspended my account citing insufficient funds. I tried switching to different plans, each time topping up my account. Its been 6 Days now and my account is still suspended. 

Finally got my Koodo phone in the mail today.... but given the suspension, I can't port my number, plus now I have to wait on Koodo to reset my account, due to something on their end. Great job peeps. You've managed to destroy any credibility you've managed to build up over the last couple years in my book.

First of all, that offer came from PM not Koodo. 

It appears you have a glitch switching plans. Please contact the Moderators with you account number and 4 digit pin and they should be able to reactivate your account so the port to Koodo will be possible. Some issues are arising because PM and Koodo use alot of the same framework. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dvolsche Have you tried adding $7 manually to your self-serve account? You can also top up by dialing 611 if you have cc added to your account. 

EDIT: I think i misread you. So you were charged $7, but the plan did not activate? I just want to see what went wrong here. So can you post a screenshot of your payment history from your self-serve account? Be sure to hide any personal details. 

Need Help? Let's chat.