cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching my existing 90day play to a 30day plan

Endocraze99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I currently subscribed to a 90day plan which renews on Jan 08, 2024. I would like to switch right now to another plan which is a 30day plan. If i switch today, what will happen to my December and January plan that i already pre-paid for. Is it possible to receive a refund for remaining part of November and December while i switch to a new plan? How does this whole process work? I also have a lot of unused add-ons for Data and international minutes that i would like to keep. Would those port over as well?

Please help.

Thank you in advance

17 REPLIES 17

Endocraze99

Sweet! Thank you!

HI @Endocraze99 

yes, it will work, the 5G plan is more a 5G speed plan.  Any phone, even non 5G compatible phone, can take the 5G plan

if you have a 4G only phone, the top speed on this 5G plan will be around 200Mbps on the 4G/LTE network

@Endocraze99  Yes it will work on his phone and he will still do better speeds of 100mbs of a 4G plan being on 5G plan with phone set to LTE 

Endocraze99

Hey folks, sorry, one more 🙂 My dad has an old phone and is with public mobile too. I pay for his cellphone 45 bucks per months and he has 4g. If i sign him up for the 5g plan will it work on his phone that does not support 5g? Wonder if it falls back to 4g if 5g is not supported?

@Endocraze99  Your rewards will stay the same there tied to your account not your plan , just don’t ever switch to the new points system and change plans as often as you like with no worries of lossing old money rewards 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Endocraze99 

Don't worry they won't change. You can only switch to points from within your rewards account page. (Don't.)

HI @Endocraze99 

no worries, you will be on the same rewards system and receive the same 30 days rewards

Endocraze99

Ok, i found it and ready to do it but something else came to mind - are my rewards going to stay or they will be wiped away?

2023-11-16 20_00.png

Thanks again everyone. You are awesome!

HI @Endocraze99 click on the $34 plan, then click Change on Renewal.  

Then you go back to Change Subscription page and it will show you the pending change.  Take a screenshot, preferably with the date from your computer clearly shown as a proof just in case

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Endocraze99 

After you click on "Change at next renewal" the next page that appears will have a "confirm change"  button on the side or possibly the bottom of the page (depending on your browser) to click on that will bring up the page with a confirmed change of plan and all of the details of the plan change.

Edit: First just tap on or click on your plan choice as in your screenshot.

@Endocraze99  

Change plan in 3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1700181847438.jpeg

Once you find plan you want be sure to (change on renewal )So you don’t lose money on current cycle

Endocraze99

Thank you all for such great and fast responses and suggestions. Yes, i am trying to take advantage of the black friday plan which is 34 dollars with 20gb 5g data. I currently have a 90-day plan for 120$ per every 3 months with only 12GB of data for all 3 months and at 4g. Its very old plan and its time to move on. I took necessary screenshots to prove this deal and captured the date of this. However, i can't understand how to schedule a change at the time when my current on is up for renewal.

This is the deal i am interested in (first one)2023-11-16 19_36.png

This is the subscription i have right now
2023-11-16 19_37.png

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Endocraze99 

As above just schedule a change plan on next renewal. Take a screenshot. log into your account before renewal just to double check that the scheduled plan change is to still in place as there have been a few instances of the scheduled plan change disappearing. If so contact customer support with your screenshot.

FYI.....if you change to a "5G" "unlimited data" plan you cannot use your data add ons but they will remain on your account to use if you switch to a "3G" or "4G" plan. No one has reported back on whether they work on the "5G" Canada/US Roaming plan (AFAIK).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Endocraze99 you will loss money if yiu use Change Now.  You just want  to take advantage of the current BF Promo? Use Change on Renewal to schedule the change for Jan, PM will honor that. And important thing is take screenshot with a date for proof

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Endocraze99  Just change plan for next renewal that way you won’t lose out on the plan you already paid for . And pay the new 30 day plan upfront right now and forefit your currency cycle there’s no prorating PM no refunds so best to change for next renewal 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

if you make an immediate plan change, you forfeit whatever is left on your paid cycle.

there are no refunds nor prorations around here

best to do on next renewal.

your gifted and bonus add-ons will stay.

any purchased add-ons for data expire within 30 days of purchase

you will keep any long-distance add-ons when changing plans

Need Help? Let's chat.