cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from 3G Plan to 4G Plan

AlyssaOdrazil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just upgraded my plan from 3G Plan to 4G plan, the one with 15GB. Do I need to do something to change my network to 4G or will it do that automatically?

Yesterday on the account page, it was still on 3G but then I opened my account on incognito and now it shows 4G.

What are the next steps? I was billed for the 4G on my renewal date (Nov 22) but still getting 3G speed.

3 REPLIES 3

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile has web page cache issue so you might be looking at obsolete status. Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Leave connection to auto connect. Do not force 3G or similar options and you will be connected to faster network.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AlyssaOdrazil basically you don't need to do anything. But some past posts said that need to wait for 48 hrs the 4g speed to be efficient. The PM website is kind of **bleep**y. If u use the incognito mode that showed 4 g, that mean should be working.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AlyssaOdrazil   Yes, always use Incognito mode to login to My Account for correct info

The speed will come within 48 hours.  Since you changed it yesterday, maybe wait till tomorrow end of day to test the speed

You don't have to do much on your phone, just go to Preferred Network Type on Mobile Data to confirm Automatic or 4G or LTE is selected (the important part is make sure 3G ONLY is NOT selected)

Enjoy  your new speed (.. tomorrow)

Need Help? Let's chat.