cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching back to public mobile

Jam04
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I already have a previous sim card that I was using with public, but it's not working anymore as I currently switched to a different carrier "Koodoo", but would like to switch back to public.

9 REPLIES 9

Jam04

Thank you all for the help

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Jam04   Is your Koodo account prepaid or postpaid?  If it's prepaid you will need to pick a new number and then have Public Mobile customer support bring over your Koodo number.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jam04  as other have already mentioned you will need a new SIM card and Amazon has the for $4.99 last I checked . And remember it’s best to use a different email then from before when you were with PM 

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jam04  - yes, you can get your old number ported (transferred) over to PM.

Will I be able to keep the same number I'm not trying to have a new number. Also will a eSim work.

@Jam04 yes, eSIM will work. 

And yes, if you are from Koodo, you number will for sure works here.  Just choose to bring your number from the phone number selection step

@Jam04 

you'll be given opportunity to port in your number from Kodo when you activate the new PM account.

adding...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/transfer-your-number

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jam04 sim cards can only be activated once and carrier specific.  Please buy a new Public Mobile sim card  from local Trlus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik or online at Amazon.  Of course, you can also use eSIM if your phone supports 

Jam04

Will I be able to keep the same number I'm not trying to have a new number. Also will a eSim work.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jam04 

you'll need a new PM sim.

spelling

Need Help? Let's chat.