cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching back to SIM from eSIM

wloyyz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have just subcribed to Public Mobile's service via eSIM and switched my number over from another provider.
Just curious, at Public Mobile, can I switch back to a physical SIM card?  I have to reserve my eSIM slot for a foreign provide in case I need to travel abroad.

Looking forward to receiving your reply.  Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

wloyyz

Thank you the info.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @wloyyz 

I'm just chiming in as I'm not sure there was a straight up answer here.

Currently, you are/will be using an eSIM for public mobile. When you go overseas you can A. keep your PM eSIM and get the overseas plan on a physical SIM card or B. you can purchase a SIM card either from Public Mobiles website which can take up to 3-4 weeks in the mail or contact your local Telus stores to see if they happen to have one. The other option is to purchase one off of Amazon. With regards to the question itself, yes, if you are currently set up or going to be set up using an eSIM for Public Mobile, you can at any time purchase a physical SIM card and change it in your online account. You will have to delete the old PM eSIM to make room for your overseas eSIM though. Once you delete the Public Mobile eSIM, if you chose you want to go back to the eSIM you will have to pay another $10 fee at the time. Hence the reason why I always recommend a physical SIM card at all time. And also know this, if you ever get a new phone, you can not transfer an eSIM, always costs you again to buy another, unlike a physical SIM card where you can move around without problems.

Hope this helps clarify a bit more. Good luck.

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Worth a shot

wloyyz

Motorola MOTO G here. According to Motorola, I can have only one physical SIM and one eSIM for my phone 

Chrissyrioux12

es. Though only 2 sims can be active at a time as explained in the support document you posted from. You can have as many as 8 eSims setup, but only one can be turned on to receive calls if you are also using a physical sim. Or 2 eSims can be turned on and receiving calls if you are not also using a physical sim.

Chrissyrioux12

An iPhone 13 holds two esims 

14 and above holds 8 esims so do you really need to switch 

as well in cellular and settings you can have all lines woeking or shut off the ones you don’t want 

HI @wloyyz 

get the physical sim from Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik for $10 or get it from Amazon.ca for $5

PM site has it too, but it could take long for them to deliver, I don't suggest that

wloyyz

Thank you again! @Handy1 

@wloyyz  You can get form Telus Koodo store or from Amazon $4.99 there 

wloyyz

Thank you @Handy1 for your reply.  And where can I get a physical SIM?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wloyyz  Yes all you have to do is sim swap the number in your account profile page I prefer physical sim so I encourage you to do so 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1704827115392.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

Need Help? Let's chat.