cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to 45$ plan but getting charged 46$

Dantorstol
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched to the 45$ plan but I’m getting charged 46$.

my estimated plan cost with rewards should be 40$.

any insight into this?

I just checked my statements through the bank and the past few months I have been charged 40.25$ but this month it’s 46$

11 REPLIES 11

@Dantorstol wrote:

I switched to the 45$ plan but I’m getting charged 46$.

@Dantorstol wrote:

The past few months I have been getting charged 40.25$ for the same plan 

When did you switche your plan?

I checked all the number again.  $40.25 = $35+tax.  

But you got charge $46 now,      $46.00 = $40+tax

Are you in the Maritime province? 

Were you changing from a $40 plan to a $45 plan and you always got $5 rewards saving?  If so, it looks like it worked perfectly, you got the $5 saving before and after the plan change

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Dantorstol 

it's possible there was a payment error on PMs side. you're lucky you didn't need to pay for taxes all those months 👍

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Dantorstol 

log into the self-serve site, click the payment tab and look at the payment history, which will show what monies have been applied to the account, and what rewards or credits, if any have been taken off from the amount.

The amount remaining plus applicable taxes is the amount charged to your card.

@Dantorstol  You say your on a $45 plan is this the 20GB for $45 plan and you on old rewards so $2 auto pay brings it to $43 and how may friend referrals ?you have how long have you been customer for loyalty reward?if between the two of those if another $3 that make $40 =$46 after tax 

@Dantorstol   any chance you switched to Public Points rewards system?

Login to My Rewards https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards  and check .  if it shows $ everywhere , you are on old.  If it shows points, you are on new system

Also, please login to My Account using Incognito mode, check payment page.  Check last couple months transaction and see.  Maybe post us a screenshot so we can tell

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dantorstol  Check what plan your actually on 

Try  again  incognito mode/private mode or a different device or lap top or simply try refreshing the page when logged in

Handy1_0-1675433897657.png

For most up to date account info

Dantorstol

The past few months I have been getting charged 40.25$ for the same plan 

Dantorstol

The past few months I have been getting charged 40.25 on my credit card statements 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dantorstol - is the $40 after rewards? Did you perform a "Change Plan Now", if so the rewards to not get applied on an early renewal of a plan.

Or, did you have an Autopay failure, that could affect rewards too.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dantorstol   where you see $46?  on the credit card?  remember you need to pay tax on top 

Go to My Account, Payment page and check the details transaction there.  And again, what is shown on My Account is pre-tax, ie, you need to add tax on top 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dantorstol  $40 plus tax would make it $46 sound right to me 

Need Help? Let's chat.