cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation and inabilty to submit a ticket

hquinn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got delivery of a new phone and prepaid SIM card from you and when I try to activate it I am asked to verify my identity repeatedly til I am told I have tried too many times. I have reset my password and tried to submit a ticket as Simon can't help me. I now have no phone and am finding this very frustrating!!

16 REPLIES 16

@hquinn 

It sounds like you already have an existing account with an existing number. You don't need to activate the new SIM but replace the existing SIM number in your account in your Profile section and click on Change SIM Card Number once login to your account.

If you decided you want a new number then you can activate the new SIM and pick a new number with a different email address because 1 email/1 account (number).

hquinn

Yay! You have solved my problem! thank you!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Awe yes a 3rd option @softech , good one!

@hquinn just keep the new SIM you received as a spare, incase you ever lose your phone, or keep it to give it to someone for a referral.

Sorry, this has been so frustrating, but I think softech has you covered and all should be okay once you get your old SIM card inside the new phone.

@hquinn   So, you just want to use the new phone with your old PM account. 

NO NEED to activate that new sim came with the new phone

What you need to do.. go to your old phone, take the sim card out and then insert into the new phone. BINGO

just in case the old sim card seems to be too big, there should be frame you can removed to make it smaller

SIM_Tricut2.png

hquinn

Hi, I am a long time Public Mobile customer,just bought a new phone and SIM card from them.  They delivered it today, I put the card in the phone and am trying to activate it but I can't log into my account because it keeps asking me to verify that it is me. I do this til I run out of attempts, change my password yet again and still no luck. 

@hquinn - SIM cards do not come activated.

Either you need to activate it with a brand new/ported number and Public Mobile account, with a unique email.

OR,

You are trying to swap a SIM card on an existing account.

Which one are you trying to do?

@hquinn wrote:

I am trying to put anew SIM card into a new phone, both of which were sent to me today by Public mobile. 

@hquinn   you didn't get pass step 1, your new sim was not activated.

You need to activate it with a new email address if you meant to activate new account.

But if you meant to use the new sim card to replace a broken one on the current PM account, then you will need to login to that My Account and use Change SIM card

hquinn

I am trying to put anew SIM card into a new phone, both of which were sent to me today by Public mobile. when I try to log into my account  I get a message saying, "We just need to verify it’s really you that’s accessing your account. We’ll send you a security code via SMS or email to verify. " I have done this numerous times, over and over until it tells me I have exceeded my attempts. I have changed my password 3 times today as well.

@hquinn  ok,, there is no need to open ticket yet.. LoL

PM system is one email can only tied with one account. No family account concept

So, all you need to do is to acxtivate with another email address and will work.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hquinn - Where are you asking to be verified? Are you trying to submit a ticket?

Are you a new customer trying to activate a new account? edit to add activation portal to activate a new SIM/account:https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation 

OR,

are you an existing customer trying to perform a SIM-SWAP of a lost or damaged SIM card? If this is the case, you do not go through the activation process, you can swap the SIM in your My Account.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

@hquinn  Each account needs its own email 

hquinn

Thanks for all the attempts to help! Much appreciated, I have sent a private message and hope I get some satisfaction.

hquinn

I got a prepaid SIM card so no I haven't got past step 4, in fact I can't get past step one because when I enter my email address it says this email is associated with another account! I have been a customer for several years

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hquinn So, you have completed the whole activation process , gone pass the Step 4 payment?  Or not at Step 4 yet?

You were just trying to login My Account https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/?

If you have gone passed Step 4 payment, technically you have completed the activation step.  Did you put your PM sim card in a phone? any error message like "Sim not provisioned"? "No Network"?

do you see it connected to PM network at all?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hquinn  

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Need Help? Let's chat.