cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from VIRGIN and deactivated it, Public can't receive MMS

Tom34
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ask the topic says, I switched from Virgin Mobile and I've run into an error where Public can't receive an MMS and I have to download it using my old network (reactivate SIM to do this). What gives? I have a Google Pixel 8.

11 REPLIES 11

@TRose1   Can you describe exactly what problems you are having?  What works and what doesn't?  That will help direct you to a solution.  Do you mean you have a problem with incoming calls from some contacts, or outgoing calls as well?  Is it an MMS problem like the original post (BTW it would be better if you could start a new thread for your question since this one is marked as solved.  If you prefer you can send a private message to PM support using the link already given but here it is again

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at your community inbox, either indicated at the envelope icon top right or, if no envelope, tap your avatar for Messages. 

TRose1

I am having the same issue. Seems to only be an issue for some contacts. 

@jasonbaudin   Check your community inbox, I have sent you the phone number to call.  Did you not get a reply from the private message you sent to customer service, or did you not send one last week?

jasonbaudin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looks like I have the same issue. What can I do to resolve it?

@Tom34   Check your community inbox in a couple of minutes, I will send you a phone number to call for the porting team.

jasonbaudin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue, switched from Virgin, now using eSIM and not receiving or sending all TXT messages.

Tom34

So I've restarted my phone and I noticed I'm not actually able to receive inbound texts, only through Virgin Mobile as well. But it appears my outbound texts are working.

@Tom34   It seems odd that your Virgin sim is still working with the same number. Often with porting problems it's incoming voice calls that don't work but yours apparently are.  Send a private message to customer support here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply to your community inbox, either indicated at the envelope icon top right of this page, or click your avatar for Messages.

Tom34

I don't have a physical Public Mobile SIM card, I have esim. My virgin sim card is physical. Everything else is working, sms, data, and calls.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tom34  Is everything else working, voice calls in and out, regular text messages (SMS) in and out, data?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tom34  Maybe try to reset network settings see if that helps . Also can you get the SIM card in another phone to test 

Need Help? Let's chat.