cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming not working

AtharSyed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Happy new year to all,

I had purchased US roaming plan on December 29 before departing from GTA. It has not worked throughout our drive to Orlando (very inconvenient). Support article suggested to DM @CS_Agent  and I have been trying to reach @CS_Agent for over 16 hours but no one has responded.

I am connected to LTE on AT&T network, have enabled data roaming, have rebooted device (Samsung Android) numerous times and still can't make a voice call. I am in Florida for a week and have already lost a few days of this useless add_on. This is truly frustrating. Good to know that agents are available but it would be nice if @CS_Agent would respond.

Appreciate if any one out there could share some wisdom to make this thing work. I have checked all APN and proxy information and it seems to be correct as per the help article.

Cheers 

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@AtharSyed   Great that you were given the solution!  The reason why 2G on T-Mobile works is that your phone is most likely not VoLTE capable/enabled.  Because the US carriers shut down their 3G networks as of 2022 a phone that does not have VoLTE (voice over LTE) will have problems unless in an area where T-Mobile's 2G is still working.  So something to be aware of when you are next visiting the USA.  FYI here's PM's list of VoLTE phones although it may not be exclusive, scroll down to the bottom of the link.  Canada still has a 3G network for now, but it is expected to also shut down at some point in the future (unofficially rumoured to be end 2025 but that's not confirmed).

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte 

AtharSyed

Kudos to you @Sansan At 2G it automatically connected to T-Mobile and that solved the issue.

Happy New Year Mate!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AtharSyed  Make sure your connect to T mobile or AT&T and try phone on 4G/LTE or 2G with just T mobile see if that helps 

AtharSyed

Thanks for quick reply...

Still says ... Mobile network not available. Which incorrect because it shows me that it is connected to AT&T

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Try switching to 2G and see if that works. If not then try switching to T-Mobile. Then restart your phone. Check your messages. If still no message from CS agent try submitting a ticket to a CS agent again.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.