cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspension of service and porting out time limit

Cgoodridge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My service was suspended due to non-payment approximately 30 days ago. What is the time limit on porting my number to another carrier? Or am i unable to port a number for a non-active account?

2 REPLIES 2

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @Cgoodridge

I believe that you account needs to be active in order for your number to be ported out.

Some other community members might have better advice than me. However if you want to be sure, the best method is to contact the Moderator about this issue directly in relation to your account. They could provide the best answer for you concerning your account and porting your particular number out.

If you need to contact them via Private Message.

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

They should get back to you when you are next in the Queue.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cgoodridge

You will need to have an active account before porting.  That is with any mobile account.  Might want to switch plan over to the $10 plan if interested in porting out...

Your number and account will be good for 90 days in the suspended state.  After 90 days, your account will be closed and phone number permanently lost.  

Need Help? Let's chat.