cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue

Bikerun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently ported from ooma tel to public mobile, i can call out but still cant receive incoming calls, they are still coming on my homephone, i have tried contacting MOD's still no reply, any suggesions on whats next to be done?

9 REPLIES 9

Bikerun

thanks for replying

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bikerun wrote:

I have recently ported from ooma tel to public mobile, i can call out but still cant receive incoming calls, they are still coming on my homephone, i have tried contacting MOD's still no reply, any suggesions on whats next to be done?

@Bikerun  What you are describing is normal and there is no need to contact the moderator. The fact that you can call out means that PM did their part and issued the port request to OOMA. Now you need to wait for OOMA to release the number to PM. Once that is done then all incoming calls and texts will get routed to PM. As noted it can take up to 5 or 7 days for the VOIP provider to release the number. The moderator will not be able to speed up the process. Need to be patient.

@BikerunVOIP porting is typically more PITA than other type of porting. At this stage you can only wait.. hopefully your porting will come through soon.. I assumed you have followed the info on the Ooma forums regarding porting out.

Bikerun

it has been 5days now and MOD's are not replying and the worst thing is i am been charged by both providers ...

Bikerun

Thanks, i will wait 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Bikerun 

Landlines take longer to port, several days up to one week sometimes.  MObile lines usually take a few hours to port, but landlines or VOIP lines do take longer.  

Try to be patient  Moderator will get get back to you within 1-2 days to check on port also.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Land lines and voip can take several days to port. How long has it been? Only the mods can help in a failed port. If you messaged them expect to wait upto 48 hours. If longer then send another message with porting info. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Bikerun hi it can take up to 48 hrs for a port to complete longer for a home phone if it takes much longer contact a moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.