cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support issues

mary_e
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have truly found the lack of support with public has been absolutely brutal.  Even when you have entered a ticket that needs to be resolved.  You have to work through chat and its far from instant.  I have found that it takes a half hour on average to get a response and I don't have hours to sit in front of a screen to wait for a response.  I have had call quality issues since joining public.  Calls drop, calls sometimes don't go through, missed and recent call history is delayed , no prompt letting me know I have voice mails.  I was previously with bell and had the same iphone and never has issues.  Can't even get public to tell me if there are signal or coverage issues in my area.  I am afraid I will be changing providers. Really disappointing.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mary_e 

It's likely the issue you have is a weak 3G network signal. Your voice services with pm use the 3G network whereas your data and texting primarily use the 4G LTE network but can use both if necessary. While we have been promised VoLTE calling when it will be implemented is anyone's guess at this point in time. If your services worked fine with bell then they will work the same with telus, koodo and/or virgin as long as you have a VoLTE enabled device. 

@mary_e @If there are coverage issues in your area . Note it will be the same with Telus and Koodo as they are the same as public mobile 

mary_e
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just had customer service confirm that there are known coverage issues in my area.  This only took several months to get confirmation on.  Had I known this I would never have gone with public in the first place.  Lesson learned as I look for a new provider.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @mary_e

try to change your network to 3G and see if it helps the call problem 

1. Select Settings.
  2. Select Mobile Data.
  3. Select Mobile Data Options.
  4. Select Voice & Data.
  5. To enable 3G, select 3G.
Need Help? Let's chat.