Makabo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

911 call goes to Dallas Tx ... not to local BC switchboard

Please change to correct #

13 REPLIES 13

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

Have you ever run into this issue when you are near or at the cabin?

@Makabo 911 does not cost you long distance, you don't even need an active service to call 911.

If your phone connected to US network because it is set to Automatic, and connect there because of  the stronger US signal, the 911 calls will go through even without the roaming

Maybe try to manually choose Public Mobile from the network list to avoid the phone accidentally connected to US network 

"not roam" is for data. But as I said you might be connecting to towers across the water.

Makabo

TEXAS is a LONG way from the White Rock / Blaine boarder..... my phone is set to not roam.

Set your phone to manually connect to Public Mobile...not automatic. You might be getting connected to US towers being so close to the border. Do you get those welcome to the US texts?

Makabo

public Mobile needs to fix this.. already talked to Police... they are not in the fixing phone business

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Makabo this is a weird one 

did you call for an emergency situation? everything ok now?

and you opened ticket? Cs agent replied?

Makabo

I live in White rock BC 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Makabo 

Where in bc are you located?

@Makabo wrote:

911 call goes to Dallas Tx ... not to local BC switchboard

Please change to correct #

This is a something that certainly shouldn't be happening, even if you were roaming on a different network.  9-11 calls are always supposed to be routed appropriately, and a call centre in Texas certainly isn't appropriate as this state isn't anwhere near the province of British Columbia.  Please note that you if you are trying to test the 9-11 services, do not call the emergency number directly.  Always fist call the local non-emergency number (this might the non-emergency/regular phone number of a police station or of the city's number for municpal services) to first schedule such a test call.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Makabo - you near a border town? Try turning off your Roaming option on your phone, and try again.

Makabo

Have messaged CS Agent

thank you

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Makabo just want to confirm, the phone shows it connected to PM network?

it looks like it is something you need to have PM support to look into it further 

Pleae open ticket using Chatbot

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.