cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support is terrible - is there anyway to actually speak to a human?

sb3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My daughters cell phone isn’t working because the credit card expired and we no longer have access to the email we set it up with. I’ve been trying to have someone change the email to mine or at least update the expiry. I cannot get anyone to actually help. They just keep sending back useless replies or suggesting my 13 year old sets up her own support account. Frustrated and ready to switch providers. 

32 REPLIES 32

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sb3 

Your daughter's account is now active? How long has her account been open?

BTW....if you tap the "@" key you can tag the member you are responding too.

@sb3 I totally understand your frustrations.  Your request was legitimate  But from PM's prospective, they have to make it extra secure just in case some scamer try to get it changed and will then have full access for SIM fraud and then further damage from there.

sb3

I’ve done this. No solution. New robot response to every message I reply. 

sb3

It should simple to change an email on the company’s end. Full stop. Obviously it would be ideal if she wasn’t locked out the email but when things don’t go perfectly there should be an easy solution. 

@sb3 

ok, make life easier, open another Community account for your daughter and sunbiy the request via that new account. I believe you ou have your daughter  full authorization to use that account to work with agent to reset the email and password for My Account 

sb3

I’ve asked. They haven’t verified because I’m using my support account even though I’ve answered all the questions I can. Should not be this difficult. 

sb3

Yes if she had access to the email that would work but unfortunately she’s locked out. Teenagers… 

@sb3 did you ask them to update the login to another email address first?

and you were able to get pass the validation process??

sb3

That would work fine if it wasn’t robotic responses and someone actually fixed issues. 

sb3

Yes I need to switch companies. It’s beyond frustrated that a simple fix can’t be made. 

sb3

Literally nothing is working. I get a new “agent” with every reply who doesn’t seem to have a clue how to fix it. They haven’t even attempted to send a pin to her phone number. I’m just so frustrated with the complete lack of effort to solve what should be really simple. 

@dust2dust 

Tut tut. We know lots of issues are self inflicted and you are right in what you are saying. 

But the OP has been open and honest........so let’s help. There is a child involved and possibly she deleted her email for some reason and did not realize the impact. Not everyone manages  their emails. So @sb3 if you are paying the bill, make a new email address for the account and get it changed with PM through  a CSA and follow what @darlicious  @hTideGnow  @NDesai   says. And  do not give your daughter the password for it. Also think twice of allowing her access to her My Account or My Rewards. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sb3 

Have you tried my suggestion? Get the account up and running. You have all the info you need except the email address. Send a private message and include the account details you do know:

• Full name and address on the account.
  • Phone number.

You will then be asked to further verify the account with the last 4 digits of the card on file, the last payment date, amount and type ( voucher). Additionally with the service up and running you can verify with a 2FA verification code sent via SMS text message. Once verified you can change the email address and get a password reset. BTW....I never use SIMon I only get support using private messages as I get dizzy going in circles.

So you can't keep track of your email addresses and that's the fault of the company. I see.

As far as support is concerned, I have been confronted with the challenge of account ownership before too. I say something like well you are seeing the verification information so what's your problem. That verifies that I have the rightful access to the account. Many regulars here "manage" multiple accounts. There's also maybe a bit of the creep factor with asking to "talk" to a daughter.

So what are you trying do in the account? You can also log in to the chatbot and do some things. Or use 611 (or 18554public)

sb3

I’ve done this and still no where. 

sb3

It’s terrible “support” 

sb3

I have done this. There is no actual help because we don’t have the email address. Will likely end up switching companies after this experience. A phone number would have solved this if I could actually talk to someone instead of the robotic responses and getting sent around. Thanks for trying. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's not. They have a landing page for it, but it just has a ticker at the top saying it is not available and a video.
"We're sorry Canada. We really would love to provide you with premium wireless ...." Curious if Harmony116 signed up for the USA site and are going to learn they paid for something they cannot access properly. Who knows.

bondmi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well to my knowledge, Mint Mobile is NOT available in Canada it is a US MVNO. But if you are happy thats all that matters. 

Harmony116
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your help. I fixed the problem. I went to Mint Mobile. $20/month for 3 months, and I getb3 months free. This gives me 10 GB data, unlimited talk/text. Sweet deal and I phoned, talked to a live person. A lot of our  World is going to automation, but it's hard to beat the process of talking to a friendly/knowledgeable live person. Public Mobile will never be able to match this kind of customer service, until they eliminate their archaic Community program. 

bondmi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not having live, phone CS is what helps keep the costs down on PM. You can message a customer service agent and they will address your issue via the community and generally in 10-25 min. You can message CS_Agent for assistance. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When I needed to change my mother's email, because she is changing ISPs and will lose access, I had to make a community account with her email that matched the account. After that, they changed the email address in a matter of minutes on her payment account, and I updated her community account. It's perhaps annoying for you to have to make a community account for her specifically, but you could do it just to avoid this frustration you are having, and then just ignore the account afterwards. I never actually even verified her community account, so not having access to the old email probably won't matter.

@Harmony116 wrote:

If you can figure out how to speak to a live person, please let us all know.

Absolutely insane company.

HI @Harmony116   Yes, I know how to talk to live person, just open ticket with them and the live person will reply you on community inbox

Please open ticket at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Harmony116
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you can figure out how to speak to a live person, please let us all know.

Absolutely insane company.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sb3 

If you cannot get customer support to update the payment card or change the email address tonight then purchase a pm voucher and add it thru 611 or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your daughter's 10 digit phone number.

This post contains up to date info on pm vouchers and alternative methods of payment.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

Once you pay thru 611 and it automatically reactivates the account you can recieve the 2FA verification code via SMS text. 2FA can be disabled on the profile page of the self serve account.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sb3   were they trying to validate the owner of the account?

if the account was using your daughter's name , then just answer as her to get pass the validation

if you need to resume service quick , consider getting voucher from stores like SDM  or online at recharge.com

@sb3 wrote:

I have done this but they just keep responding without fixing the problem. Seems like I’m talking to a robot. 

Not sure why that is so difficult for them understand. Simply tell them your daughter's line is suspended and you are looking to update the payment details. However, you are not able to login. Tell them to update your email address so you can login. 

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

another person looking for life person 🤣

open ticket and they reply quick 

if you need to resume service quick, get voucher from stores and use *611 to load

sb3

I have done this but they just keep responding without fixing the problem. Seems like I’m talking to a robot. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@sb3 Sorry to hear that you are having trouble reaching to @CS_Agent. Try sending them a private message from your end with all the account details so they can change your email and allow you to login without authentication to update the payment details. 

• You can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.